PDA

View Full Version : Griz - Day 1

gbear
05-10-2009, 10:00 PM
So, the hunt begins. I couldn't take it anymore waiting for the snow to melt and for the grass to start to turn green. So I took a tour to my LEH zone for griz today. I guess I'm fairly lucky in the fact that I am only about an hour to the start of my zone, and another hour from there I'm in some prime areas.

I didn't see a grizzly on this trip, but did come across several 'piles' and one big set of fresh grizzly tracks. The front pads were about 8 inches wide. A definate shooter from the looks of it. Still lots of snow in the higher elevations and I couldn't get to where I really wanted to. Not yet anyway. At least another week or maybe even 2. Will try again next weekend, probably for a couple days, and see what it looks like then. Some cooler weather in the forcast this week, so the melt will likely slow down.

But, the trip was really good. Seen 2 black bear, of which 1 was a pretty good size, a herd of about 20 elk, a moose with little nubs starting to grow, several whitetails, a few mulies, and a pine martin.

BlacktailStalker
05-10-2009, 10:16 PM
Any sign at all is good sign.
Hope you connect, looking forward to the pics and stories to come.

bigben
05-10-2009, 10:19 PM
Where is your zone if you don t mind tellling

leadpillproductions
05-10-2009, 11:51 PM
did you travel the upper or lower

hunter1947
05-11-2009, 05:36 AM
It sounds like you had a good outing ,you saw lots of animals and a few foot prints of what you where looking for ,just a matter of time before the snow will be gone ,good luck with your Griz hunt http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif.

gbear
05-11-2009, 07:02 AM
You guys are right, any outing like that is a good outing in my mind.

Where is your zone if you don t mind tellling

My zone is in 7-22.

did you travel the upper or lower

Did try the upper end. Also tried 1 spot in the lower end but a 3 foot deep creek is running down the middle of the road.

SHAKER
05-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Keep at it....... Thats a tough spot to get a tag! they don't let many out.