PDA

View Full Version : clearwater

pazura19
05-07-2009, 09:44 PM
ive looked through a bunch of threads here and alot of ppl say that clearwater is a really good spot for hunting, some even said its the best in BC for deer?
what makes the place so good? the amount of trophy buck there or just the population of the deer there?
thanks

Dirty
05-07-2009, 09:46 PM
It's enchanted

mark
05-07-2009, 09:48 PM
Welcome newbie! this should be good! :smile:

05-07-2009, 09:59 PM
Big Bucks, long seasons, no pressure, and the best part ....every one helps every one else.
Hands down Clearwater is THE CAPITAL OF BUCKS FOR BC.
CT

muley kid
05-07-2009, 10:07 PM
dont believe these guys... they all hate me because i speak my own mind... clw is not the best place to hunt at all..there is alot of pressure and unfortunatly poaching.. not gonnna go there tho.. the people on this sight will always go for clw because they dont live here and they know it pisses us off when they send everyone here.. this past season i got scoped when i was carrying a shed... talked to him and he came here because of the interenet but he had an unsuccesful hunt..clw is not the place to be.. i have found probobly 80 winterkills this year due to the harsh winter.. the bucks are all getting shot off by out of towners and our winters kicks there ass too.. if u are looking for success rate dont come to clw

legal-hunter
05-07-2009, 10:16 PM
Big Bucks, long seasons, no pressure, and the best part ....every one helps every one else.
Hands down Clearwater is THE CAPITAL OF BUCKS FOR BC.
CT

dont believe these guys... they all hate me because i speak my own mind... clw is not the best place to hunt at all..there is alot of pressure and unfortunatly poaching.. not gonnna go there tho.. the people on this sight will always go for clw because they dont live here and they know it pisses us off when they send everyone here.. this past season i got scoped when i was carrying a shed... talked to him and he came here because of the interenet but he had an unsuccesful hunt..clw is not the place to be.. i have found probobly 80 winterkills this year due to the harsh winter.. the bucks are all getting shot off by out of towners and our winters kicks there ass too.. if u are looking for success rate dont come to clw

Well said muley kid..Curly i have to disagree with you on this one becasue of the fact when I hunted clearwater I never did see a big buck they were little rats and there certainly wasnt a abaudance of them at that. Also the long season part is realy a killer as far as im conserned the little buck season should be put up for LEH Cause of the fact if you killall the little bucks what is the future going to hold right. I also noticed for pressure there was a ton of guys there. Like muley kid had said you do get scoped out. I know I wont be returning there im gonna stick to going to region 5 have better luck there. I also dont like when people ask everyone where to go. Its a part of hunting you go there you learn your own tactics on a area you figure out stuff for yourself its not a guided hunt its part of hunting you must learn on your own Dont just ask the locals. But what do I know im just a out of towner..

arcadia
05-07-2009, 10:27 PM
I own a house in CLW that i rent out. My neighbor has lived in CLW his whole life and his Dad too. They said they have never in their lives seen so much snow- all time record snowfalls there this winter. There were fences that you could just see the tops of the fence posts. I shovelled my roof a lot. I bet there there was a ton of winterkill. It was just like Blue River!!

Gateholio
05-07-2009, 10:32 PM
Clearwater is the mecca, the land of the big bucks. Anyone willing to spend a week there will kill a giant buck.

True story!

leadpillproductions
05-07-2009, 10:40 PM
i lived in kamloops for a few years some desent bucks up there end of tranquille rd

Ambush
05-07-2009, 10:45 PM
There's been some winter kill, but the locals look after the weak ones pretty good.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/medium/Whitetail_Hospital.jpg (http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=10997&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=7841)

dana
05-08-2009, 06:14 AM
People only think there is something special about Clearwater because one particular hunter that lives near there has personally whacked and stacked some big bucks over the years and then posted his success pictures on internet sites like this. Truth be told, he would be consistantly killing big bucks no matter where he lived. :razz:
In all seriousness, yes we just came through a winter from hell. Most oldtimers state they haven't seen snow like that since the 60's and early 70's. The fawn crop in particular took a huge hit due to the snow conditions.

mrdoog
05-08-2009, 09:25 AM
People only think there is something special about Clearwater because one particular hunter that lives near there has personally whacked and stacked some big bucks over the years and then posted his success pictures on internet sites like this. Truth be told, he would be consistantly killing big bucks no matter where he lived.

Stop it, you're making me blush!

huntcoop
05-08-2009, 09:36 AM
Clearwater, bar none, has the best deer hunting in all of BC, PERIOD.

born2hunt
05-08-2009, 09:41 AM
I m sold i,m hunting Clearwater this year bringing all my friends too.:)

muleychaser
05-08-2009, 09:54 AM
I thought Adams Lake was the new hot spot? :roll:Definately no big bucks left in Cache Creek so don't go there.

mgnm300
05-08-2009, 10:34 AM
you want deer numbers?? go to christian valley. this spring while looking for turkeys we've seen over 200 deer everytime. no winterkill there.

Jetboater
05-08-2009, 11:53 AM
All them big sheds from Kelowna has to have people thinking a little more....
after hunting the clearwater area a few times it really reminds me of blacktail coastal bush...sure you might see a buck... then you have to judge em... then you still have to find a hole to shoot through the jungle...
I think a lot of people hope to see a monster standing around every corner in the fall... in reality the odds of killing a good buck in that area are fairly slim.... but if you find a decent area and learn it... you will over time become more successful...running off to new areas every season will only garuntee failure...picking a spot and focusing on it for the long term will put more bucks on the ground than anything....

born2hunt
05-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Ok now i,m going to kelowna , rofl

MichelD
05-08-2009, 12:39 PM
The whole notion of Clearwater being a mule deer mecca is similar to the persistent belief that Vancouver Island is populated by nothing but giant, vicious, fire breathing truck eating record book black bears.

Most of that has been accomplished by a particular guide outfitting company which has been running an excellent self promoting campaign for years now in order to gain clients.

Sure, there's big bears on the island, as I'm sure there is a big buck in the Clearwater area. But generally, as in most hunting, you'll see way more small to medium sized animals than you will see ever anything else.

muleychaser
05-08-2009, 01:12 PM
There was a picture posted awhile back of a monster buck around 100 Mile or Lac La Hache. Maybe that is where the new hot spot should be.;)

Salty
05-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Clearwater. The land of vast road networks, room to find your own honey hole with no one else around and *massive* Booner bucks! :cool:

rockdog
05-10-2009, 07:10 PM
For those uninformed schmoes who don't take the time to keep their ear to the ground, the unofficial new big buck hidey-hole is actually Yahk, B.C. This lesser known mecca of antlered ungulate supremacy is ripe for the pickin, folks. Blessed not only with great hunting opps, this jewel in the east Kootenay crown also features picturesque beauty, a vibrant nightlife and 4 or 5 womens what gots a full set of teeth. Tired of chasing rumors of big bucks that Dana probably shot by now ? Grab yer buds, roll on over to Yahk and anchor that trophy of a lifetime. Hell, just park anywhere on the main drag, light up a smoke and I betcha a cranker walks by before that sucker burns down! Happy huntin lil shooters!

BlacktailStalker
05-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Yeah the big bucks are in the Yahk.. errrr were, before the 5 or 6 resident wolf packs ate them all.

Jelvis
05-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Behind the Clearwater drivein, and up Foghorn Creek is where locals from the area go for big deer and bear, behind Hascheak Creek, Russel and Bestor creek, deersville, if you like big buck mule deer. Foghorn Mountain 1981 metres.
Also reached over the Birch Island bridge which is real good deer hunting all season follows Foghorn creek up to good bucks.
Do you need me to take you by the hand? lol. Get into and onto the horn, the Foghorn -- get with it, thats where you know who goes.
jElvis -- what's green and shakes? J. Parsley -- lol.

dana
05-10-2009, 09:18 PM
Jelly,
Where do you think that Uranium mine was proposed? That is why I have the special super human powers to kill big deer. ;)

The Hermit
05-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Here is the truth... the big bucks live everywhere that you and I are too lazy, are unable, or otherwise unprepared to go... If you think big horns are your thing then find the most ugly hell-hole high country you can and prepare to walk in there and be one with the wild boy! Don't forget to take your pack frame, emergency first aid, food, water, GPS and Spot! ;-)

odie1830
05-10-2009, 10:21 PM
O.k here is my 2 cents on Clearwater!
The area is average for deer I hunted there for years and have since moved to other area's . I always see a ton of does but not to many bucks.If your looking for an easy buck hunt Clearwater is not for you.