PDA

View Full Version : Need some info at 4-38

gary mok
05-06-2009, 10:11 PM
Hi There I am going to grizzly hunt next week,So I need some update info for this area,Anyone has been there recently ?Still a lot of snow ?is the way drive-able ? warm enough to go for grizzly hunt yet ?I head said that it might had some snow this week,is that correct ? any help would be appreciated,thanks a lot !!!

GoatGuy
05-06-2009, 10:15 PM
The bears have been out for a while. The boars are always out in April regardless of snow.

Haven't driven up there this spring. Take the snowshoes. Some of the best spots are hike-in only spots anyways. Usually most roads are open by may long. We usually don't hunt after then cause things green up so fast.

It's probably getting to be too late but some of the best spots are roads that are closed all year long. ;) Bout 9 kms is where you start.

If you need any hints feel free to pm.

Good luck.

gary mok
05-07-2009, 08:38 PM
Thanks Buddy,any more info from others ?

Grizz59
05-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Not much logging done up here this winter,so count on hiking or skiing in on most roads.We had snow today down below 800meters to day but like goatguy said bears will already be out. Lots of spring slides broke free right to ground this year so you will have to get out and find those freed up slides. Good luck,you can send me a email if you want some jumping of points.