PDA

View Full Version : Chilliwack Fish and Game Protective Association

madtrapper85
05-06-2009, 03:46 PM
I was wondering on if any one is a member there, from this site. I've bought membership from dart and tackle and been trying to get a hold of someone from the association and have had no luck phone calls and emails.

If there is any info some one could give me to whom to contact, need to get out and site in my rifle.

Thanks for any help

Camp Cook
05-06-2009, 04:49 PM
I was a member there for 18 years but switched to Mission about 5 - 6 years ago.

Does Frank still live on the grounds?

wolverine
05-06-2009, 04:54 PM
Go to the website and you'll find all the contact info you need.

madtrapper85
05-06-2009, 05:16 PM
I've went there and sent them emails and called but no one responds.... just itching cause i didn't want to blow 80 dollars on a waiting game

randymac
05-06-2009, 05:53 PM
I'm a member, the monthly general meeting is the second wednesday of the month, next one next week on the 13th, 7:30 at the clubhouse, if you show up someone should be able to help you out with everything.
You can usually use the range if someone else is there to let you in and you have your membership card to prove membership. Otherwise its a good idea to get an electronic keyfob to open the gate. You have to take an hour or so range rule seminar first. Looks like the next one is May 16th at 1PM.
Its alway good idea to check the calender at www.chilliwackfishandgame.com to make sure the range isn't closed for something before you head out there.
If nobody is returnin your calls check the directors page and shoot one or two of them an email and ask them who to contact.

Gnarly
05-06-2009, 05:59 PM
Im a member as well and was planning on going tomorow afternoon and Friday if you want to tag along and check it out let me know and I'll meet you there.
Its got stupid lately with all the rentals to law enforcement agencies and special interest groups the range is closed to members more than its open it seems, these past two years have been brutal just check out the schedule on the website personally Im looking for a new club because of it.

Dirty
05-06-2009, 06:07 PM
Check out the schedule/calendar on their website and look for an orientation day. I am a member and there is a lot of bullshit going on with rentals and the key fobs. I guess they need to rentals to keep afloat, but they are a pain in the butt.

DDD
05-06-2009, 06:44 PM
Call Frank Tinnion, the range care taker. (604) 858-4204

Dirty
05-06-2009, 06:54 PM
Call Frank Tinnion, the range care taker. (604) 858-4204

Frank will get back to you, but it may take a while.

boxhitch
05-06-2009, 07:08 PM
I gotta ask, when and why was the name created to read 'protective association' ?
Sounds slightly preservationist ? different than conservationist.

Gunsmoke
05-06-2009, 08:58 PM
I have dropped them emails over the past two year inquiring about membership....but never an answer....all I can infer is that they are reluctant to entertain new memberships.

Dirty
05-06-2009, 09:02 PM
I have dropped them emails over the past two year inquiring about membership....but never an answer....all I can infer is that they are reluctant to entertain new memberships.

If you want to shoot there it is a pain in the butt. You have to try and get in contact with somebody after dropping off your membership at Fred's Tackle or Dart and Tackle. Then you have to try and line up an initiation night, where they go through the range rules. I eventually called Frank, the range caretaker and he got somebody to call me. They would probably have more members if the membership process was a little more organized.