PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Trophy Binos

The Hermit
05-05-2009, 10:26 PM
After about five years of okay service from my Bushnell Trophy binos they kinda gave out on me last weekend on a bear hunt... I couldn't get them to stay in focus, and eventually fogged up on me.

So I looked up their warranty, called the office and got the details on sending them in and did so today. In my cover letter I suggested that I would be willing to come up with a small difference in price if they could send me a factory reconditioned pair of Elites... yeah if ya don't ask then nothing will happen! LOL

I'll report back on the turn around time and service!

Bow Walker
05-06-2009, 10:28 AM
It'll be interesting to see what happens...

The Hermit
05-25-2009, 12:26 PM
Okay so today (20 days later) I received a brand new set of Bushnel Trophy HD binoculars. They are considerably brighter and better than my originals... came in camo too! Pretty good service I'd say.

Hummm, now do I keep them or trade up to something nicer? $$$ Just bought a safe today so I might have to keep them....

Gateholio
05-25-2009, 12:33 PM
20 days is virtually unheard of for Bushnell warranty service. 20 weeks is more standard!:eek:

I'd trade them up....They are only going to be NIB until you use them once, then thier resale price goes down...

brotherjack
05-25-2009, 01:20 PM
People talk a lot about how awful Bushnell's turn-around is -- but the odd time I've ever dealt with their warranty service dept, they were plenty fast for me -- the first time they had replacement product in the mail to me the same day I got off the phone with the RMA for the product I shipped back to them, and the second time was about 2 weeks.

Side note -- both times, was my fault -- this was back before I knew what "paralax" was , and why it might make my scope look out of focus at long range with the zoom turned up.

Bushnell may not be perfect, but they've always done right by me.

Gateholio
05-25-2009, 01:33 PM
I've always ultimately had a good result with Bushnells warranty- They usually replace stuff with few questions asked, and will upgrade you if the itm is no longer made. But it has taken me anywhere from 2-5 months every time I've used warranty service. Leupold is like a week, and even Leica (has to go to New York) is not more than a month or so.