PDA

View Full Version : Midway Mine Trail

BCHunterFSJ
05-05-2009, 11:43 AM
Does anyone know about the condition of the Midway Mine Access Trail in MU 6-24? I hunted there many years ago (around 1990); and even then it was quite a rough quad ride into there. It goes south from the Tootsie River towards the Little Rancheria River. Anyway, I thought maybe of going in there again this Fall...

palmer
05-05-2009, 12:07 PM
I heard they fixed up the road and put the bridges back in last year. They are looking at doing some work at the mine...but this is rumour I have not seen it myself.

BCHunterFSJ
05-07-2009, 10:48 AM
I think you are referring to the "road" from the highway to the mine. I'm referring to a quad "trail" that branches off the mine road, follows the Tootsee River, and then heads south towards the Little Rancheria River.
According to the regs, there are now ATV restictions in place. However, I was wondering if the trail is even passable these days...

palmer
05-07-2009, 11:06 AM
It was the trail that I heard they were upgrading for exploration, but again only rumour.

BCHunterFSJ
05-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Sounds like there have been a lot of changes there since my last visit...

warren0427
05-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Was in there two years ago, at least one of the bridges was getting a new deck. And the trail was pretty good all the way in, quite of few hunters but big country, lots of room. Lots of game as well.