PDA

View Full Version : bear trip harrison May 1-2

twoSevenO
05-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Left Langley on Friday night, got up to harrison in pitch black. Set up camp and got ready for Saturday.

Drove and walked around most of saturday, counting 6 bear crap piles in total, with varying degrees of "freshness" .... but not a single bear in sight :(
The ground too dry to leave prints around the poop piles.

question:

We were at 500m elevation, give or take. Tried to hit up bush that had stuff other then pine trees, and basically and edible-looking green stuff. Also tried to concentrate more on the south slopes, but should we have been looking for more open areas instead????

I tried looking for an older cut block with a decent view to sit and wait, but not much in terms of that. Now thinking that is what i should have been looking for perhaps....???

madtrapper85
05-03-2009, 09:28 AM
Which side where you on? This year with spotting them have been hit and miss. I've seen them under heavy brush, but also in the clearing. Where i found them the most are in the short grass in the ditches along the side o the roads.

Did you see any deer?

stixnstones
05-03-2009, 10:22 AM
i poked one up there last week just on one o those old grassy roads. skinned him out 5'7" beautiful coat. 4 and half year old boar. 200 hundred yd shot.one shot with the 300 wsm.

madtrapper85
05-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Hey micheall did you see the wounded cub by the first logging camp when you where up there?

twoSevenO
05-03-2009, 01:15 PM
which side were you guys on and how far up approx?

We were on the west side, mystery creek area, so 30k or so up.