PDA

View Full Version : Region 4 Archery Season bag limit confusion resolved.

brotherjack
11-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Ok, I just got off the phone with the good folks in Victoria regarding the confusion of the whole "depsite regional bag limits" clause in the Region 4 bow season. After a rather long discussion, the short answer is, this is a misleading statement which will be corrected in next year's synopsis. Regional bag limit of 2 deer total still apply. So, if one has taken a mulie and a whitetail already this season (like me), they do NOT still get to hunt a whitetail in the late bow season in region 4.

Basically, the writers intended the 'despite regional bag limits' to mean that group of MU's (the east kootenays) which normally has a bag limit of 1, in the bow season has a bag limit of 2.

Anyway, I'd seen the question asked before, and I didn't recall that it was ever resolved - so I thought I'd share what I'd gotten back from the good folks in Victoria as the final word on the subject for anyone around here who's interested.

So, I'm down to huntin coyotes I guess... http://huntshoot.coastangler.com/hunting/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

3kills
11-21-2005, 01:52 PM
brotherjack u can still tag a doe though in a bow only doe season cant u?

brotherjack
11-21-2005, 04:27 PM
No, I can not. 2 deer bag limit for the whole of region 4; or so I was told. Specificly, I asked about my situation, which is to say I've tagged a whitetail and a mule deer already, and they said no.

I'm not going to complain too much; I've had a great year. :)