PDA

View Full Version : Griz hunting in 5-15D

trapman
05-02-2009, 06:45 AM
Wondering if anyone knows of the snow conditions around Swift river or Keithley creek area. Thinking of going on the 7 till 14 any info would be great THANKS

srupp
05-02-2009, 07:47 AM
although its been very warm during the past few DAYS..the nights still remain very cold...the snow levels in the Keithly creek area still remain high.

steven

trapman
05-02-2009, 09:39 AM
Thanks Steve do you know if there are any bare areas yet or still under snow

Squirrelnuts
05-02-2009, 09:43 AM
Went snowmobiling out the Swift River Road a few weeks ago. Still lots of snow then but it was starting to rot out. Saw some huge grizz tracks in the snow up the 13 F Road.

I'm guessing by now that some of the lower, exposed blocks will be opening up but any high elevation stuff is still going to be 3 feet deep.

trapman
05-02-2009, 10:06 AM
Thanks Squirrelnuts ,all the info really helps

srupp
05-02-2009, 01:24 PM
The bears are indeed out...since the bears head DOWN into the water sources and open areas , wheather cutblocks or slides..

steven

trapman
05-03-2009, 11:43 AM
I,ve been told that swift river area may be the first to green up . Any comments or other ideals thanks Glen

srupp
05-03-2009, 12:29 PM
one of the 2 "firsts" yes pretty early as far as that area...

I would STILL recomend the 10th for a week..

cheers

Steven

trapman
05-05-2009, 04:29 PM
Hey Steve I have been stopped from getting close to a few bears because of snow . You can see them on a south facing slope from a ways away but the road has to much snow to travel . Would you think in that area it would be wreath bringing a sled and a atv

Squirrelnuts
05-05-2009, 04:56 PM
Hey Steve I have been stopped from getting close to a few bears because of snow . You can see them on a south facing slope from a ways away but the road has to much snow to travel . Would you think in that area it would be wreath bringing a sled and a atv

If you've got 'em bring 'em. That said, the biggest problem now is that a lot of roads are open where the sun can get at them and snowed in in the shade so neither a sled or an ATV is going to help much. (Couple hundred yards of dirt, couple hundred yards of snow, etc). Screws us for work every year...

The 1300 was plowed out just before breakup so access down the main road should be good. I'd think by now that some of the lower branch roads should be clear.

You still leaving on the 7th? I'll send a note to a couple guys I know that might have been out that way recently. I'll let you know if I get anything back.

trapman
05-05-2009, 05:04 PM
Thanks For The Info , Looking For A Set Of Tracks For The Quad But Not Much Around . Any Info Would Be Great Thanks Again, Last Year Was A Bad Year For Not Having Snow At The End Of Trapping Season Had To Run The Sled Over 24 Miles Of Gravel On My 125 Mile Loop And The Skies Weren't All That Bad . So If It Is Needed It Could Help

Sako 300 win mag
05-05-2009, 09:17 PM
Hey Glen its Tim try international motorsports in delta i think they stock the tracks your lookin for . They are down in tilbury off of river road.

trapman
05-06-2009, 08:08 PM
Hey Squirrelnuts you mentioned the 13F road . I can't find it anywhere on a map can you help me out Thanks

Squirrelnuts
05-06-2009, 08:51 PM
If memory serves it's just after 28km. (Just a note on the image: I might have the F Road and the L Road backwards). The drainage between them is the Little Swift river.

http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/8223/1300rd.jpg (http://img25.imageshack.us/my.php?image=1300rd.jpg)