PDA

View Full Version : Not understanding L.E.H "SOS"

NoLimit99
04-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Ok I understand what it says about the L.e.h and how its a lottery for roosevelt elk and mt. sheep but is there limited entry for moose/deer etc and if so were do I go to find out info on it. Or how to apply for the lottery, and when is all this lottery? how do I find out i've tried looking on the fish and wildlife sight with no luck.

Please some one educate me on this topic.
Thanks in advance.

Red Foreman
04-30-2009, 08:58 AM
In the first or second week of May,go to your local sportshop and pick up a LEH synopsis.It lists all the LEH's available and instruction on how to do it.It costs about $5 for each entry.

stanway
04-30-2009, 09:00 AM
Or you can click here and view it online:

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/fw/wildlife/hunting/resident/leh.html#Synopsis

If you're new to hunting / LEH, read through the first part of the synopsis a few times - it is a bit confusing.

d6dan
04-30-2009, 02:45 PM
In the first or second week of May,go to your local sportshop and pick up a LEH synopsis.It lists all the LEH's available and instruction on how to do it.It costs about $5 for each entry.

Sorry Red, $6.00+ tax for LEH and the special draws are $15.00+ tax..

jml11
04-30-2009, 04:44 PM
Sorry Red, $6.00+ tax for LEH and the special draws are $15.00+ tax..

I was glad to see the special LEHs in the 09/10 synopsis, rumor had it that these special hunts were no more, I think there was thread about it actually.

boxhitch
04-30-2009, 05:29 PM
rumor had it that these special hunts were no more,Thats the thing about rumours.

husky30-06
04-30-2009, 05:34 PM
i heard that the LEHs are going to be $8 this year........ ?????????

Blainer
04-30-2009, 06:04 PM
i heard that the LEHs are going to be $8 this year........ ?????????nope,$6 as stated
mine have been mailed

jml11
04-30-2009, 06:17 PM
i heard that the LEHs are going to be $8 this year........ ?????????

I heard regular licenses and tags were going up as well but as of 12:30pm today a license and grizz tag were the same as last year.

PH7
04-30-2009, 07:43 PM
On the topic of the Special LEH, can anyone clarify the following:

All other restrictions, including the
location of open seasons, weapons restrictions,
species, and sex listed in either this synopsis or the
2009/2010 Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis
apply to this special hunt.

The open seasons for the special LEH list whole regions, not specific MUs and/or areas...

jml11
04-30-2009, 10:10 PM
On the topic of the Special LEH, can anyone clarify the following:

All other restrictions, including the
location of open seasons, weapons restrictions,
species, and sex listed in either this synopsis or the
2009/2010 Hunting and Trapping Regulations Synopsis
apply to this special hunt.

The open seasons for the special LEH list whole regions, not specific MUs and/or areas...

When you apply for a special LEH hunt you apply for the species only and if you are drawn then you select where you would like to hunt, which is anywhere in BC there is an open season for that species. The advantage to the special LEH is you also get opportunity to hunt before and after the regular seasons which makes getting an animal pretty much a guarantee.

IF you search the threads you will see that for sheep most of the lucky people have selected one of two areas, Elk Valley in the Kootneys or Kamloops Lake as these are gimme hunts late season.

stonecrazy
05-01-2009, 07:11 PM
the special leh sheep draw is 15 dollars and one can buy as many tickets as one wants. it is a true lottery where one can up his chances with more tickets. in alberta it is called the governers tag and its good for any mu#

Blainer
05-01-2009, 07:24 PM
Note that this draw is over and above regular bag limit as well.
You could theoretically draw 2 elk tags or 2 sheep tags in the same year.

NoLimit99
05-03-2009, 08:08 PM
So all you do go to a place selling tags and tell them you want to apply for the l.E.H and thats it. Then if you get choosen you then state were you want to hunt? not really sure as I would love to apply for the 2010 hunting season.

stonecrazy
05-03-2009, 08:33 PM
the special sheep and elk tags should be out now as normal leh are out. last year they were 15$ prob same this year. you can buy as many as you like there is no limit, im not to sure of how many are printed each year.

hunter1947
05-04-2009, 06:04 AM
Pick up the new LEH regs at places that sell LEH tags ,everything you want to know will be in the regs.