PDA

View Full Version : Browning XPO w/PreVent...reviews?

huntcoop
04-29-2009, 02:37 PM
Just wondering if anyone has this product in pants or jacket and what are your comments? Love it or hate it?

Is it 100% waterproof like Gortex? If layered properly is it warm for late winter hunting?

Also the new Hells Canyon stuff?

Tarp Man
04-29-2009, 04:08 PM
If this is the Browning that has the soft finish on the outer side of the jacket, I have this exact one. It is great if you are riding the quad or driving the truck, or casually walking the slashes or forestry roads. It is HEAVY, the soft fleecy outer absorbs the rain and makes it even heavier. It is as waterproof as the Gore Tex, it will be warm with layers in the winter, and it doesn't breathe quite as well as Gore Tex. If you are looking for a general camo rain jacket there are others out there that are lighter, but may be noisier. It is up to your priorities. Would I take this on a backpack hunt? Nope. Would I use it all season long hunting moose off a quad? Absolutely.

huntcoop
04-29-2009, 06:24 PM
Tarp Man, are you meaning the Hydro-Fleece stuff?

todbartell
04-29-2009, 07:16 PM
I got Xpo pants, got them last spring and wore them comfortably on a spring grizz hunt even when temps were around 20-25C midday. They're better suited to fall hunting in temps from -5C to +15C. Never been wet in them from the outside, and dont recall being wet from the inside due to sweat. They seem to breathe pretty decent. Sitka Ascent or Sitka 90% pant would be better for high activity hunting in warmer temps. I wish it was a bit quiter material but its not that bad.

I have the Hells Canyon parka and love it. Not as waterproof as the Xpo but it is a quieter material. Breathes well and fits good.

Tarp Man
04-30-2009, 09:12 AM
I am pretty sure it is not the hydro fleece. That is a fleece jacket with a water resistant coating? This is the full on shell jacket. The hydro fleece can be zipped into the jacket for more warmth though.

vanislehunter1
04-30-2009, 04:03 PM
I've got the Pre vent stuff but it's not the xpo... im not exactly sure what it is but it's a little heavy but other than that its very comfy.