PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Manning Park

huntinnewbie
04-29-2009, 09:07 AM
I am reading the regs wrong or can you hunt in MU-17 in Manninng Park?
Page 35 it states:
In keeping with section 29 of the Park Conservancy and Recreation Area Regulation, the following are only open to the discharge of firearms, bows and crossbows from Sept. 10 to June 15 during a lawful game hunting season: it then goes on to list various areas and E. C. Manning Park is listed with that portion of MU-17 only.
At the end of the section it states, Parks, Protected Areas and Recreation Areas not listed in this section are closed to hunting and closed to the discharge of firearms, bows and crossbows.
If you go to bcparks web site and click on Manning Park and then on the activities link it show a guy with a rifle and states hunting as a permited activity
If you check page 11 for the Site and Access Restrictions it also says about hunting being permited in some Provincial Parks.
Anyone know anymore about this.

open-sights
04-29-2009, 09:36 AM
How would you access this little portion? Hike in from Sowquoia river valley or from the headwaters of the Tullameen? There wouldn't be much for reference back in there but it would be legal as far as I could tell, if you wanted to get yourself into it.

huntinnewbie
04-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Excuse my ignorance as I am new to this.
If MU-17 extends from Hope eastward, waht kind of a map shows the boundaries of Manning Park as it pertains to MU-17 taking into account the regulation set back from a Provincial Hwy.

stanway
04-29-2009, 11:49 AM
The BC Backroad Mapbooks have the MU's marked on them. They are a great reference.

kootenay redneck
05-03-2009, 09:53 AM
there is an good spot to hunt in the park but threw the park you check out silver daisy mountain it's been years since i lived down there but hey it's used to be really good in there big deer i'm not sure how the road in would be now i do know the co's hunt in there opening weekened or used to it's a good spot good luck down there..

Manglinmike
05-03-2009, 11:01 AM
The lower area of Manning Park is only a pan handle,and is only a couple of hundred yards wide on either side of the highway,the park was extended to make it appear larger about 30yrs ago.Manning park is it's own mu2-1 and has no open season !I understand that you can cross through the park to hunt on the crown land behind,however I think that you must obtain permission first.Some great areas to hunt on the outside of the park can now be accessed by going to the end of the Whipsaw road.

Jelvis
05-03-2009, 01:21 PM
Most of the businesses and structures and park stuff is out of the Park.