PDA

View Full Version : Place to take a five year old?

MichelD
04-27-2009, 04:19 PM
My daughter is visiting with her family and I'm looking for somewhere near Vancouver where I can take my five year old grandson fishing.

Hopefully somewhere where he can get a bite. I took him up to Rice Lake when he was three and he was really disappointed when there was no action.

sparkes3
04-27-2009, 04:25 PM
take him to the fish farm on bradner rd i guarantee he will get a bite there

bowhunterbruce
04-27-2009, 04:30 PM
we just had a kids fishing weekend here in kelowna where they stocked a local pond at mission creek park ,the kids can fish there under 16 for free and without a licence and its to ecourage kids to enjoy our great outdoors,im pretty sure if you check the gofishbc website you should find something there goodluck and have fun.

bsa30-06
04-27-2009, 04:55 PM
I have had my 5 year old at Rice lake a couple times but never caught anything......but he started bugging me last weekend to go fishing again so i guess were going fishing again.As long as he wants to go i'm more then happy to keep taking him.We also have a dad/son day of grouse hunting planned for later in the year.I was told that they stock the lake around fathers day for some sort of father/son fishing derby but dont know if its true or not.Get the young ones out fishing/hunting/camping as often as they want to go.
You could also try Burnaby lake,Deer lake,Mill lake/pond in Abbotsford, or como lake in couquitlam.

smokey
04-27-2009, 05:05 PM
this will help you out,it will tell you which lake just got stocked

http://www.gofishbc.com/r2.htm

plumbob
04-27-2009, 06:18 PM
Sardis park in Chilliwack is a great place for kids as it is stocked and close to town.

open-sights
04-27-2009, 07:08 PM
Whonnock lake - jig for crappies from the dock, boat or canoe. It becomes a little boring taking the lil guys off one after the other. Fun for kids though.

Wild one
04-27-2009, 08:16 PM
My place I run the fish farm in bradner I promise he will catch one . The main thing to remember he will not care on what kind of fish or how big as long as he is catching them.

PS don't waste your time fishing till you are at least east of Abby.

Johnnybear
04-27-2009, 08:36 PM

Thanks for that link smokey:wink:.

bsa30-06
04-27-2009, 08:47 PM

Good link thanxs for posting.

RJ
04-27-2009, 09:00 PM
como lake in coquitlam is alright, you have to be under 15 or 16 something like that... and over 65.

smokey
04-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Good link thanxs for posting.

no problem the kids love going to the lake when it's stocked they always get thier limits,go to white pine aka sasmat lake on the floating dock you can see schools of 12'' to 16'' fish swim everywhere,just don't fish the side with the bc hydro building,i heard dfo sometime hide in the bush and see you cast that way and they get you

sparkes3
04-27-2009, 09:25 PM
lots of info on that site, i will have to take my boys out this weekend thanks