PDA

View Full Version : Father/Son day on the river

newhunterette
04-26-2009, 08:44 AM
Today is a special day for Peter, as Braydon doesn't do very much outside of his life of hockey. Peter wanted to take the boat out and give it another test run after it's time in the shop and Braydon asked Dad if he could go fishing with him. So online I went and purchased a fishing licence for him.

Off they left this morning, without the camera (men) but still on such a beautiful morning to go get themselves into some sturgeon.

When the kids are little, they love to hang with Mom and Dad, it lasts until about 14/15 then they try out their independant side (you remember the I can do anything , I am invincable stage) the parents are dorks stage 15-18 then you get the OMG I have to pay for that myself stage and parents become cool again to hang out with cause as long as you let them think your following their rules they still pay for your needs 18-20

I could see the light in Peter eyes sparkle when Braydon asked to go with him today and what heart warming feeling to see them drive off together

I just want everyone to really enjoy your children, and foster as much respect of the outdoors and our province after all they are the next generation

okay I am done being mushy for now :)

doubled
04-26-2009, 09:36 AM
Thats cool Ali. I wish my dad was closer so I could do this stuff all the time.

newhunterette
04-26-2009, 01:59 PM
lots of debris coming down the river - having to fish closer to shoreline so not to get tangled up

when I spoke to them about 4 hours ago they had no fish yet but having a blast together

newhunterette
04-26-2009, 09:23 PM
a day of fishing - 2.5 footer, 3 footer and then to make the day a 5 footer

fishing dinosaurs - the boys had fun

srupp
04-26-2009, 10:37 PM
sweeeeet...any photos??

Steven

huntwriter
04-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Great post Ali.

newhunterette
04-27-2009, 05:07 AM
sweeeeet...any photos??

Steven

Peter didn't have the camera with him, however Braydon told me that Leaseman and the gentlemen he had on his boat took pictures so hopefully we will get them emailed

srupp
04-27-2009, 06:04 AM
Your relying on MIKE????:eek:..Ali....dear sweet young ALI..you KNOW we can't rely on "his" kind...he promises all sorts of things...psssss..he sells CARS for a living and is GOOD at it...ROTFLMAO.....

Thanks ALI....

Steven

Leaseman
04-27-2009, 08:31 AM
Well Stevie old buddy.... I was going to invite you down for more, better fishing.... but.......:shock:

I usually deliver on my promises.... except when you are involved.......:tongue:

It was a great day on the river.....knew a few boats around and had a nebie to sturgeon fishing out with me.....:smile:

I always get a kick out of watching Peter fish, the passion he has for this sport is unbelievable..... of course throwing the banana at my boat, along with many other things (I wonder who started that....:shock:) kinda threw me off my game!

Yes, there were a few pics taken... as all of you know, I don't post pics, but I might think about forwarding them on to Alison to post.... It was such a beautiful day out there, lots of sun (my face hurts!), lots of laughs and it was fun joking about the Billy's Puddle boys must be getting cold as the river had cleaned up lots since the day before...... it it snowing yet there Steve!!!

srupp
04-27-2009, 08:39 AM
Morning Mike..I can't believe someone would post and use my name..BUDDY..:tongue: the *******...lmao...yes it IS cold here this am and ALL nite @ work..:shock:..so Im off to Kelowna for a few daze...
glad ya had fun "throwing your banana around" :eek:..

cheers

Steven

Leaseman
04-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Wondering what you were doing up so early......:tongue:

What you doing in Kelowna.... there is no sturgeon in Kelowna......:confused:

doubled
04-27-2009, 12:40 PM

Tell me about it. Not much open water either.

newhunterette
04-27-2009, 12:57 PM
Wondering what you were doing up so early......:tongue:

Tell me about it. Not much open water either.

Maybe no sturgeon but there is the elusive Ogopogo ;)