PDA

View Full Version : hatzic lake

JRG94
04-25-2009, 11:45 PM
went there the other weekend fishing and no luck :(
any ever fished this lake, and what worked good

Wild one
04-26-2009, 09:54 AM
I fished it lots as a kid with good success what kind of fish were you trying to catch?

JRG94
04-26-2009, 11:07 AM
we tried for every thing, and the only action we had was that my buddy had one on but lost it

smokey
04-26-2009, 11:17 AM
try many different lures,what was your buddy using

JRG94
04-26-2009, 11:22 AM
he was using a blue and silver redfox

Wild one
04-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Hatzic has trout ,bass and crappie in it .With out knowing witch one you are trying to catch I cannot help you as the are in different spots and different lures are need to catch each fish.

JRG94
04-26-2009, 02:36 PM
we tried jigs in the shallows and trolled spinners in the deep section of the lake
we mostly wanted to catch bass and crappies but we tried for trout and got one on
water was also very low

Wild one
04-27-2009, 08:30 AM
For bass and crappie you were a little early fishing will start getting good mid may but here is a list to try out.

Crappie
1)dock at camp Luther(other docks in the area are good but this is #1) use marabou jigs yellow or chartreuse.

2)This one may sound funny but it is a good spot. The ditch next to the highway just before the bridge is full of crappie. Use the same jigs as top but under a bobber or a fire tiger rapala.

Bass
The bass are scattered in the structure through out the lake but the main thing is use lures for bass like spinner baits(yellow,green,black) ,Rapalas (fire tiger) and rubber worms(green,blue,pumpkin)

Trout
Trout fishing in the lake is hit or miss at best but the creeks and sloughs coming of the lake are not half bad. Use blue fox pink/silver ,panther martin yellow with red spots or worms

I would not recommend driving all the way from langley just to fish hatzic as it is not as good as some of the spots you would drive past to get there.

pmj
04-29-2009, 10:11 PM
There is catfish, carp and a fellow I believe his name is Walter. About 5 years ago my wife and I saw a large sturgeon breach in the lake. I was told by someone he even had a name.

Wild one
04-30-2009, 08:19 AM
I have caught a few sturgeon just over the train tracks but none over 2 feet .I have also caught coho in nov in the same place.