PDA

View Full Version : Saw my First Bear this year

madtrapper85
04-25-2009, 12:53 AM
After a long day today of helping my budy move to his new place, I decide to treat myself with a afternoon of hunting. So off I went, picked up the girlfriend, filled the truck with gas, got the nessecary road snacks, check the gone and hit the road at around 1:00pm.

As we drove the long road in, I questioned myself would it even be worth it today, am I actually going to see anything, or is just going to be a waste of gas. And a drive with the misses in my ear! :) Passing all the loggers on the way in, trying to muslce me off the road (wasn't happening) and the occassional car parked by the water hitting golf balls into the lake, I started to doubt my origanl intentions on even coming out there.

As we drove the roads all of a sudden theres 3 deer staring at me in the busch, so i open the window shut off the truck and try a couple calls, see what type of reactions i get and yes i tryed my famous Star wars Chewie noise! And yet those 3 deer sat there and watched the show.

We kept on driving seening more deer even having one stand infront of the truck not wanting to move, and another 2 that as i walked around a ridge sat less then 10 feet from me then watching them gracfully jump threw the slash.

Just as the girlfriend was falling asleep and it was edging to 5.45pm I decide to turn around and start heading out. as we where driving I was praying to even just see a bear and sure enough i see pooh on the road so i stop to check the freshness of it and check the tracks. (it was old, probably from this morning or last night) so on we went again and sure enough about 2 km away i turna corner and there sat right beside the road eating some grass was this 2 foot black bear. Now what got me at first is i have never seen a strawberry bear or a cinamon bear, and this bear face was strawberry but as you got to the back end it was a a nice cinamon colour with a black and whit mark on its chest. As i sat there watching the little bear stare me into my eyes, its the coolest feeling in the world never in all my years of hunting have i ever had the chance to look the bear in the eyes with it know me there and it not to run off. The bear just went about its business and finally we decided to leave it to have some fun and left.

Threw out this experince im still waiting to find my bear to harvest but the stories of all the deer i see up there and the bear will carry with me for ever.

All in all last time i was there i saw 9 deer and a grouse (chicken or turkey as my girlfriend would call it) and this time I saw 13 deer and one bear, so i think i found my new hunting grounds for the fall.

I got the bear on video and will try to upload it to youtube and the photos. just give me a couple days.

Anyways happy hunting guys

madtrapper

hunter1947
04-25-2009, 04:54 AM
It was well worth it to get out and look around as for the story tells as it is.

A day out in the bush beats any day at work ,good wright up on the post :wink:.

squamishmiles
04-25-2009, 07:59 AM
live in squamish and work in whistler at the moment, have seen 6 bears and 3 deer in the last week on the drive to and from work. mind u 3 of those bears were mom and her 2 cubs

madtrapper85
04-27-2009, 01:46 AM
thats cool, was out the next day and saw a butt end of one as it darted off the road down a 200 foot drop through thick brush to get away. but theres more and more coming out