PDA

View Full Version : Serpentine Lake 3-32

LYKTOHUNT
04-23-2009, 09:23 AM
A few days back I posted a thread regarding this area trying to get some info .I did not get any responses I am wondering if no members had hunted it or if it was a matter of not wanting to give up info on a good or favorite area (which I totally respect)

MichelD
04-23-2009, 09:59 AM
You know, I've driven up to Mud Lakes and also up the Yalokam a bit.

Lots of hunting camps all the way up to Mud lake, Noaxe Crk. etc.

I've often entertained the idea of a hike in trip up Relay Creek or into the Nine Mile Ridge area, but never got around to it.

I've looked at all kinds of maps of the area and I've never seen a Serpentine lake though. If there is a horse trail, you can bet it's a quad trail now.

LYKTOHUNT
04-23-2009, 11:28 AM
Thanks MichelD The horse trails turned into quad trails was one of my concerns.I do use a quad but it would be a shame to travel all that way down there with horses and gear and find it covered in quad trails. I have found reference to Serpentine Lake on the internet in the area we are going on the internet, so I believe it is the correct name.We will go down in the summer and do a quick check,it is a good excuse for a short camping trip.

f350ps
04-23-2009, 05:26 PM
The only Serpentine Lake that I know of is east of Hope near Carolin Mines. Is the one you're speaking of east of China Head Mtn. ? K

LYKTOHUNT
04-24-2009, 09:13 AM
The lake is in the Shulap range directly north of the east end of Carpenter lake, it looks to be about 10KM north of the end of Carpenter Lake as the Raven flys.