PDA

View Full Version : Scoutview SG 550 trail cam

Ruger4
04-23-2009, 08:10 AM
Anybody using our Sponsors trail cam ?? any feed back on the Scoutview SG550 and or whatever your choice of trail cam may be ......

Ron.C
04-23-2009, 08:38 AM
Anybody using our Sponsors trail cam ?? any feed back on the Scoutview SG550 and or whatever your choice of trail cam may be ......

I was going to buy one, but ended up getting a Moultrie Cam from Walmart. But depending on how my camera works, I may still try one of the Scoutviews. Good question Ruger. I'm curious as well

hunterofthedeer
04-23-2009, 08:41 AM
I really want a trail cam. I was looking through the cabelas magazine and they want up to $450 for one. I wouldnt want to spend over $150 on one

rocketrob
04-23-2009, 09:35 AM
i have two of them very good trail camera..what i like about them is there alot smaller then most trail camera.very good battery life and work good in cold weather.the flash is little weak for long night shot but good out to 35 feet.one of the best trail cameras out there for under $250 dollars.i going to buy two more this season.i'll post some picture taking with sg 550.

ruger#1
04-23-2009, 09:53 AM
I have a SG550 . it works not to bad, it is also easy to set up. so far i have pics of deer, bear and a coyote, Trying to get a pic of the bobcat , no luck , Also the camera is small it will almost fit in a shirt pocket.

rocketrob
04-23-2009, 10:25 AM
here's few picture

http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee216/rocketrob_photo/nightdeer001.jpg
http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee216/rocketrob_photo/blackbear4003.jpg

Ambush
04-23-2009, 06:36 PM
I bought one also. Mine has the picture viewer in the remote, which is nice, BUT you cannot view the videos on it, Unfortunately the card from the trail-cam won't play videos on my camera either.

Very small and easy to use. Good pic options.

UWAY Outdoors Canada
04-25-2009, 03:27 PM
I bought one also. Mine has the picture viewer in the remote, which is nice, BUT you cannot view the videos on it, Unfortunately the card from the trail-cam won't play videos on my camera either.

Very small and easy to use. Good pic options.

That's right about the viewer. At this point it only allows you to view pictures at the camera or the first frame of a video. The video has to be put on your computer to view. (I better explain that on the website as to not to lead anyone astray)

Thanks