PDA

View Full Version : moring hunt in reg.8-12

matt420
04-22-2009, 07:05 PM
hey guys.. i went out thismoring for turkey and when i got to my spot i drove 2km down the road pulled over and called with the box call....and what do ya know not one but 2 different birds gobblein away :) my 1st response..dose it ever get your heart racing when you hear that gobble..so i parked the truck got out and started walkin and his gobble sounded really close.... so i found a place to sit and started callin him in..i must have sat there for about an hour or so listing to the gobble and callin every now and then... then after about hour and a half 2 hours there was no more gobbleing :( .....so i sat there for another hour just to be sure and im pretty sure i over called and scared him off :( :( ...but learn from my mistakes will make me a better hunter :)....over all the day was a great day seen 40 deer and a few grouse..but the gobbles were the best part hearin those for the first time in the wild and not on tv haha.....well im heading back out friday or saturday to the same spot try my luck out again :) will report back after the next day out

riflebuilder
04-23-2009, 03:51 AM
gobblers expect the hens to come to them you might try clossing the distance a bit. If they are with hens they won't come to you. It doesn't always work but worth a try.

matt420
04-23-2009, 12:46 PM
thanks for the pointer...i didnt know that, im a first time turkey hunter. but next time its deff worth a shot.. thank you again. good luck on your upcoming seasons

gobblers expect the hens to come to them you might try clossing the distance a bit. If they are with hens they won't come to you. It doesn't always work but worth a try.