PDA

View Full Version : Novice in Vancouver

XMD70
04-21-2009, 10:00 PM
My son lives in Vancouver (Kits). He's thinking about taking up archery to come hunting with me near Prince George. Is there anywhere near where he lives that has an archery range or club?

bsa30-06
04-21-2009, 10:24 PM
Talk to the guys at Boormans in New West, there is a indoor range next to them , and an outdoor range at Burnaby Lake next to Bill Copeland arena.Those are the only two that are remotely close to Kits that i can think of, but others on here might be of more help.

Edward Teach
04-22-2009, 06:23 AM
Boormans runs a course in the indoor range next door to them. It's worth the time and $

Bow Walker
04-22-2009, 10:16 AM
Talk to the guys at Boormans in New West, there is a indoor range next to them , and an outdoor range at Burnaby Lake next to Bill Copeland arena.Those are the only two that are remotely close to Kits that i can think of, but others on here might be of more help.
I've shot there many a time. It's a flat field, about 90 - 100 meters long with approx. 10 target butts. You'll need to join the Club - you can do that at Boormans - to be able to shoot there.

Great spot to get use to your archery equipment and to sight-in the bow. Very easy to dial-in the pins and get it shooting tight groups. It's the only place within reasonable distance of Kits.

bsa30-06
04-22-2009, 03:09 PM
I've shot there many a time. It's a flat field, about 90 - 100 meters long with approx. 10 target butts. You'll need to join the Club - you can do that at Boormans - to be able to shoot there.

Great spot to get use to your archery equipment and to sight-in the bow. Very easy to dial-in the pins and get it shooting tight groups. It's the only place within reasonable distance of Kits.

approx once a month they have a flat field 3-D shoot there aswell.

bsa30-06
04-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Boormans runs a course in the indoor range next door to them. It's worth the time and $

i took that course , found it very helpfull for the first time archer....would recommend it for all beginners.