PDA

View Full Version : Turkey Hunt??? Any Advice???

Ron.C
04-17-2009, 01:25 PM
Now that my fall plans have imloaded, I now have a bit of time available and I am contemplating making a run to the Mainland in an attempt to find a turkey or just take some extra time here on the Island for bears? Not sure which yet. The turkey hunt is just something that I'm toying with right now. But not something I want to just go and do completely as a shot in the dark, hunting blind kind of thing. And the season's not that long so I'm going to have to make up my mind fairly fast here.

I'm looking at Reg 8-1, or 8-9.

Not looking for secret spots, but any suggestions on general areas that I could start looking at? I have absolutely no idea where to start. The only thing I know about turkey hunting is what I've watched on TV:redface:
But if your going to do it you need to start somewhere I guess.

The only place I've ever hunted in Reg 8 was up around Chute Lake on a late archery deer hunt. I'm not afraid to walk alot, or a long ways for that matter.
Any help or suggestions???

on a side note,
this one may be a tough sell to the wife as she still doesn't think a couple hundred pounds of deer/elk meat is worth the trip. What's she gonna say when I try and sell her on a turkey:shock: