PDA

View Full Version : My pup, "Goose"

dutchie
04-17-2009, 09:48 AM
So after a long wait I have finally got my Deustch Kurzhaar. His Kennel name is "Rebbel vom Riverwoods" and I named him "Goose", he is alot of fun but boy does he have lungs! He is really starting to get into his element now that he has been here for a few days, and loves pointing the wing on a string!
Here are a few pictures of him!
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq187/jamesmramor/Goose024.jpg
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq187/jamesmramor/Goose044.jpg
http://i446.photobucket.com/albums/qq187/jamesmramor/Goose017.jpg

Dutchie:biggrin:

BlacktailStalker
04-17-2009, 09:53 AM
Thats a really nice lookin' pup !
I like the name too.

Angel
04-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Awsome! Finally eh! Looks great and soo cute. Im sure you have big plans for himin the near future. Hopefully i will get my pointer soon, but maybe i have to take a better look at the Deustch Kurzhaar. More pics please:smile:.

Congrats Dutchie

Shooter
04-17-2009, 10:18 PM
Thats a great looking pup. How old is he?

RJ
04-17-2009, 10:34 PM
Great dogs, my old mans gsp is 9 and is still haywire as hell

Sasquatch
04-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Really nice looking pup dutchie. You did your homework, you were patient and now you have a great companion. Congrats. You guys are going to have a lot of fun together I'm sure.

dutchie
04-18-2009, 01:44 AM
Thanks guys! He is now 9 weeks old.

He was breed in Germany and Born in Illinios. The Deustch Kurzhaar has about 1/2 of the energy of a AKC/CKC GSP, but are extreamly hard hunters and are bred to be be a versitle dog not just a pointing dog. hunting. pointing, tracking, retriving and relaxing with you at the end of the day!

Both his mom and dad have the titles for a 40 hour blood track (3/4 of his pedigree has the 20 or 40 hour blood tracking title) and the mom had to do her first one in the pouring rain which makes it much more difficult. This title consists of a person placing blood on the ground simulating a shot deer, pig, bear, moose, ect... and after 40 hours the dog is set on its way to track the blood that has been sitting for 40 hours over a 1 km distance.

I am very excited about my future with Goose, he is already very special just by how he socializes with anyone and everyone including my crazy little 2 year old nephew!!

dutchie

Marc
04-18-2009, 05:29 AM
Nice looking pup! It's so much fun training and hunting over a dog. It really creates a tight bond with the dog and his master with all the time and patience spent in the training. It'll be interesting to see how he progresses as I haven't seen or hear much about this breed of dog.

Marc.

riflebuilder
04-18-2009, 06:34 AM
good looking pup.

NoLimit99
04-18-2009, 10:23 AM
I must say goose is cute as Fu**, and by what i've been reading on this breed your in for alot of exciting times with your new baby. Should be great over all at most tasks you put goose through. Im interested in knowing how much do they go for? and do you have a link I can get off you to the breeder for a potential hunting partner for myself in the near future. Interested in seeing how goose progresses over time keep us posted. Oh another question is how tall do they stand full grown and how much is the average weight of an adult when full grown if you know im interested in knowing those facts as well. Pm me when you have a chance with some info... enjoy

kinderdoggin
04-19-2009, 08:34 PM
Great looking pup Dutchie. Well worth the wait! Post more pics when you get a chance :)

dutchie
04-19-2009, 09:51 PM
I got some pretty good pitures of him playing around, I am going to get them up when I get a chance to download them back at my office.

Goose's life as a bird dog has started with pointing, and the starter pistol, and I am going to start to introduce rabbit scent on a small bumper, duck scent on a small bumper and grouse scent on the wings and cover the wings to get him to use his nose.

As I said before I am going to be testing Goose in the German testing system and that is comprised of 26 different elements for his natural abilities and 28 for his advanced abilities and the training I am going to get a thread going on his training.

Dutchie