PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy license?

sapper
04-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Anyone have any suggestions as to where I could buy a new license in either Surrey or the Tri-cities, New Westminster area? Lock, Stock and Barrel closes early (before I get home) and Hunter's in Surrey is closed. I work in Surrey and live in New Westminster. Heading out to have some fun with the turkeys this weekend and I'm hoping to get my license after work tomorrow or during my lunch break.

Blainer
04-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Walmart,close to Hunters,Guildford

Phil
04-15-2009, 08:10 PM
Army and Navy

steelheadSABO
04-15-2009, 08:11 PM
local sport shops

sparkes3
04-15-2009, 08:50 PM
walmart in langley

bcmulie
04-15-2009, 09:01 PM
Lock Stock and Barrel doesn't carry hunting licenses any more. In New West try Army and Navy or the Wal-Mart at Lougheed Mall (although last time I was there they didn't have any licenses either.

bcmulie

sapper
04-15-2009, 09:09 PM
Thanks. I guess not all of the Walmarts do as the one in Burnaby doesn't. I can also try Army and Navy.
Okay, here's another complication. I can't find my resident hunter's card. Do you think if I took in my old one and my FAC, etc. would they issue my new license?

elkdom
04-15-2009, 09:27 PM
Thanks. I guess not all of the Walmarts do as the one in Burnaby doesn't. I can also try Army and Navy.
Okay, here's another complication. I can't find my resident hunter's card. Do you think if I took in my old one and my FAC, etc. would they issue my new license?

:!: last years hunting license is not acceptable, ONLY the BCHunter #Card issued by BC Gov't agent is valid to purchase a BC resident hunting license. go to Govt agent, any provincial court house will have BC govt agency, where you renew drivers license, pay property taxes etc, produce ID and proof of Core, get your duplicate Hunter# Card!

any license issuer that does not inspect and copy hunter # from BC Hunter card is looking for a big fine and loss of licensing priveledges!

sapper
04-15-2009, 10:07 PM
Thanks, Elkdom. For me that means driving to Maple Ridge. It looks like it will be a busy day tomorrow. Grrrr!!! I always leave the card in the same place.

high and to the right
04-15-2009, 10:15 PM
You can always try to get a license by showing last year's with your hunter # on it. Three years ago was the first time I was asked for mine as I always just showed them my license from the year before. In Walmart I think their policy is that no one person can write more than 3 licenses before a new person with no knowledge takes over again. Good chance they won't know what they are doing. Since I was told that I had to go home and get my hunter number card three years ago, I just bring it with me now so I haven't checked to see it every one asks for it.

sapper
04-15-2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks all. Got 'er done. :wink: