PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Hunting Going To Get Slammed

Riverratz
04-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Global BC TV promoting one of their lead stories on tonight's 6:00 pm News Hour..... going to be about a movement to ban grizzly hunting. Get out the flak jackets, here comes the barrage of negative press !!!

4 point
04-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Your right. I saw the intro to the segment this morning as well. It will be ugly for sure. Hopefully the Canucks v. Blues game will not be as ugly right afterwards.

mud-dog27
04-15-2009, 03:17 PM
yea its going to be ugly especially cause they are pulling the little kid card to get their view of hunting across to the sheep

Squirrelnuts
04-15-2009, 03:47 PM
It's showing up everywhere. :mad:

http://www.pacificfreepress.com/news/1/4014-wiping-out-the-grizzly-for-fun-and-profit.html

What does it say about us, as the human species, that we have been unable to peacefully co-exist with this magnificent and powerful animal? Why can't we find a way to accommodate both our needs and those of the "great bear"?
:roll:

BCrams
04-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Someone should give Global BC news a tidbit about the BC Gov't promoting trophy hunting with the GOABC over the majority of at home meat hunters.

Angel
04-15-2009, 04:16 PM
Someone should give Global BC news a tidbit about the BC Gov't promoting trophy hunting with the GOABC over the majority of at home meat hunters.

I couldnt agree more with your comment. There is alot of attention put towards the negativity of hunting and hunters. Its okay when a cub or random bears a killed because they get into someones garbage because the GOV is too cheap to put a real re homing program for bears. Its a joke. when the media talks about poachers they emediatly say "hunters" not "poachers" but to them whats the diffrence? Lets ban Grizz hunting and all bear hunting for that matter and then when they show up in our yards and school yards, all hell will break out and "kill em all"! "They are evil"! But no wait conservation through hunting is some sort of BS right?? Maybe we should outlaw and ban all fire arms and bows aswell because they are weapons and thats why gang violence is so hi, right?

mcrae
04-15-2009, 05:14 PM
Is the same one I posted this AM about the 12 year old girl and her quest to get bear hunting banned...

Kye
04-15-2009, 06:58 PM
Weak sauce reporting.

Sappy 12 y.o. girl with her rich daddies friend Deepak.

04-15-2009, 07:08 PM
Weak sauce reporting.

Sappy 12 y.o. girl with her rich daddies friend Deepak.

very weak.

"well... I expected them to stop the hunting"
"they are beautiful you shouldn't be aloud to shoot them"

grizzlie bears are beautiful in the wild, but they look even more beautiful as a rug on a wall...

I would like to hear a constructive arguement on this sustanable industry form this girl other than "stop! I like them" fish are beautiful animals too, guess trophy fishing has to go too, sorry guys. o yeah and no hunting deer or moose, because they are also pritty cool.

oldtimer
04-15-2009, 07:08 PM
The article is about Grizz and they show a shot through a scope of a Black on a beach then some orphaned Black bear cubs. Do these people know the difference ??? Mike

Timbow
04-15-2009, 08:57 PM
Thanks for the heads up. I watched it and was not very impressed. "Cubs are orphaned by hunters...". Give me a break! Hunters don't orphan cubs.

They are getting the Native band members support within the Great Bear Rainforest.

The father was totally shocked to find out that in the park they (hunters) can hunt grizzly bear.

We are in the fight of our survival as hunters...

Wolfman
04-15-2009, 10:11 PM
I caught a piece of that and mentioned it to my 7 year old daughter. I asked her what she thought.

She told me that grownups shouldn't use their kids to get things that they were afraid to do themselves. ;-)

Also she said that if there are too many bears in a place its people's jobs to keep it controlled.

Man, I was NEVER that smart when I was 7!!!! ;-)

Wolfman

welsh
04-15-2009, 11:17 PM
you should get your daughter on the news...

Mr. Dean
04-15-2009, 11:37 PM
I would like to hear a constructive arguement on this sustanable industry form this girl other than "stop! I like them" fish are beautiful animals too, guess trophy fishing has to go too, sorry guys.

Careful what you 'wish' for....

DIY
04-16-2009, 05:42 AM
This is how it started in Alberta. We have no grizz hunt anymore! It was just a matter of time before it hit you you guys in BC.

islandboy
04-16-2009, 06:01 AM
What does it say about us, as the human species, that we have been unable to peacefully co-exist with this magnificent and powerful animal? Why can't we find a way to accommodate both our needs and those of the "great bear"?Ask Timothy! :cool:

RiverOtter
04-16-2009, 08:24 AM
Ask Timothy! :cool:

He's tough to get a hold of, as he moves around like a bear fart in the breeze........:lol:

weatherby_man
04-16-2009, 08:28 AM
you should get your daughter on the news...

Definitely! Smart girl you got there Wolfman.

chris
04-17-2009, 06:26 AM
I wrote a letter to them explaining to them that it is irresponsible to broadcast a news segment without backing it up with fact. I also pointed out that the cubs they kept showing were black bears. Among other things like population statistics/ harvest ratio, trouble bears being controlled through hunting and statistics claiming 57% of educated people support the hunt not 78% oppose it as they claimed. I spent a couple hours researching the topic unlike the reporter.
chris

silvicon
04-17-2009, 07:27 PM
does nobody know that MOE hired a shooter last year to kill grizzlies in the Bella Cool area and domp them in the dump without skinning?
why is it not mentioned?
nobody mentions the VI grizzly anymore that got shot in someones yard?

I have not seen this tv spectacle but:

as Jerry Springer said;

"Once again we put lipstick on a pig and try to pass it off as television!"