PDA

View Full Version : Mathews Reezen, 60lbs. Good investment?

urbanhermit
04-14-2009, 03:20 PM
I have some income tax money coming and I am looking to upgrade my old Myles Keller XI 70-80 bow that i use for hunting. I am looking for a bow to use at the 3-D range and hunting everything from small game to the occasional elk. Deer would be my main Game, I want one bow to kinda fit the bill for all of these things, being a single dad this would be a lifetime investment in something i could shoot for many years to come. I am not really excited about the price tag but I want something lighter and smoother than i have now. Any suggestions??

mcrae
04-14-2009, 04:39 PM
Check out National Archery Supply if I am not mistaken they have some Mathews Reezens for sale right now...

I can`t help you with the bow my only experience is BowTech but I am pretty sure you can`t go wrong with any of the big names its just a matter of personal preference.

Bow Walker
04-14-2009, 05:19 PM
x2 on what mcrae555 is saying. I'd contact Bowzone Mikey (a member here on this site) if you're planning on dealing with NAS, as he can get some pretty dazzilin' deals.

scrottydog
04-14-2009, 10:57 PM
i'm shooting a mathews drenalin right now that i picked up in november
witha bunch of goodies on it. before that i was shooting a very old jennings xlrs i belive. i love the mathews and the more ppl i talk to about them the more i hear how happy ppl are with them.
and so far i've got two deer with mine and have no complaints.
hope that helps.

Ron.C
04-15-2009, 02:16 PM
To me, a bow is way too personal to buy without having your hands on it and trying it first. Some feel great, others only feel ok. I made that mistake once, buying a Mathews FX and had to live with it for 2 1/2 years until I could convince my wife to let me get another, even though the bow was in perfect working order. That bow just never felt comfortable and I never shot to my full potential with it. Do yourself a favour and get your hands on as many bows as possible before you make up your mind, and forget brand preference, try em all. If you are going to be shooting it for years to come, spend the money and get something you know you'll be happy with and that fits YOU right

urbanhermit
04-15-2009, 02:27 PM
i have played with one a bit and it really did feel good to me, i liked the smoothness and weight. i was just wondering if there were any horror stories out there, guess i was needing to have some extra encouragement to get over the stick price. i shoot my bow all the time at the range, small and large game and it would be the same as going out and buying a decent rifle and decent .22 for the same purpose.
thanks for the feedback guys.

Ron.C
04-15-2009, 02:33 PM
If it feels good, great. But maybe there is another brand out there that feels equally as good and carries a lower price? It's good to try as many as possible as you never know when you may find one that feels "better"

danfloris
04-15-2009, 08:21 PM
2008 pse x force.......best bow ive ever shot!

huntwriter
04-16-2009, 06:42 AM
Ron.C hit the nail on the head. Brand doesn't matter. The best bow is worthless if it doesn’t feel right. Try as many bows as you can get your hands on before you make a decision. It’s like buying a pair of shoes; if they don’t fit they’re a pain no matter the price tag or brand.

Good luck.

Jetboater
04-16-2009, 06:52 AM
I like the new X force as well... I just picked up an SS