PDA

View Full Version : BassPro Calgary

eastkoot
04-13-2009, 03:40 PM
This is not an add for BassPro but if anyone gets a chance to visit the Calgary store do it !! Went this weekend and have never seen such a display of taxidermy and outdoor art.. It was amazing, even the wife spent 3 hours there and didn't complain, she actually enjoyed it.. The merchandise wasn't too bad either. If you haven't been to a Cabellas or BassPro down south, this is something to see..

Vader
04-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Lots of plastic horns.. very good replicas.. Spent 2.5 hours.. bought nothing..
It is indeed a very large store.. Touristy..
I did not think the prices were very special. Lots were leaving with items under arm..

eastkoot
04-13-2009, 04:13 PM
Once again, I'm sorry I started this thread.. Please delete.. Didn't notice the plastic or the lack of "deals". Sorry..Not being an airport supervisor has again bit me in the ass..

MOWITCH SLAYER
04-13-2009, 04:22 PM
Once again, I'm sorry I started this thread.. Please delete.. Didn't notice the plastic or the lack of "deals". Sorry..Not being an airport supervisor has again bit me in the ass..
Learned long ago if your going to enjoy the good from this site you have to let the s@$t run off your back like water ! As for Bass Pro i've been on their web site and there is some good buy's i wouldn't mind cashing in on. Plan on making a special trip this summer.

newhunterette
04-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Heading to Vegas this weekend and will most likely hit the BassPro there but always good to know there is one in Calgary as I did not know that - thanks for the info eastkoot - next time I go visit my family in cowtown will check out the Canadian version :)

always like comparison shopping

Brett
04-13-2009, 05:16 PM
grand opening flyer
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CFPageC?storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&langId=-1&appID=163&option=3&template=circular.cfm&catalog=gocal_09_tab&storeID=75

Rackmastr
04-13-2009, 05:18 PM
It was a good shop for sure. Lots of stuff there to see and well worth walking around.

I wasnt too impressed with trying to find 'higher quality' gear, and the selection was a touch lacking for what I expected. I think Cabelas has them beat easily for quality of gear. I didnt even get into the fishing stuff, and it seems that they have a HUGE selection of that stuff...

Cool to see such a huge place. And yea...lots of th taxidermy is replicas but still pretty cool to see.

Sideofabarn
04-13-2009, 05:34 PM
What day did you guys go on? I was there on Saturday, and the place was a zoo. Damn near felt the top floor rocking under the weight of people. There were a few good deals to be had, but I don't know if they were expecting the number of people they got. Could have picked up an electric motor for under a hundred bucks. Was neat to see it anyway, and I'm sure I'll be back.

Rackmastr
04-13-2009, 05:45 PM
What day did you guys go on? I was there on Saturday, and the place was a zoo. Damn near felt the top floor rocking under the weight of people. There were a few good deals to be had, but I don't know if they were expecting the number of people they got. Could have picked up an electric motor for under a hundred bucks. Was neat to see it anyway, and I'm sure I'll be back.

I was there on Friday, and yes you could feel the upstairs moving as people walked.....

It was busy but not horrible to get around....I look forward to going there in the middle of the week in the morning sometime though.

whitetailsheds
04-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Eastkoot, it was a hell of a visit on Saturday (yep, the upper floor was a moving).
I'd never been into a Cabela's or BPS anywhere, and I was impressed (plastic or not). The displays were impressive.
Only spent an hour and a half there, and got reports from the family of stuff i'd never saw. I'll go back to see what I missed.
Found the Swaro/ Leica optics more than I've seen elsewhere for prices. Just finished buying the leica 1200 RF for $750 here in Dodge City, there it was $950.
Lotsa rifles/ shotguns, but didn't have time to check prices. Clothing...didn't see anything don't have already.
After thought.....didn't see tents/ freeze dried anywhere.
An Ameristep pop-up doghouse blind for 2 was $119, thinking that was cheap now that I think about it. I'll have to look around.
Ditto on what Rackmaster said.....

Ambush
04-13-2009, 08:40 PM
I just spent the last four days visiting friends and family around Alberta. I avoided Calgary because I thought that Bass-Pro wasn't open yet.:???:

I did see a spike elk with both horns still.