PDA

View Full Version : Sturgeon Fishing to Remember

Dirty
04-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Well,

I went out with my brother and Ultramagbob for a good day of sturgeon fishing on good friday. And what a good day it was. We were the first ones at the boat launch, and out on to the water. The day started off slow, but quickly turned into some fast and furious action. My brothers rod doubled over and a fiesty 3 foot sturgeon was off with an not so easily earned Eulachon. We then proceeded to lambaste fish on eulies, roe, and worms. When action slowed down we headed up river to a different spot. We started getting bites immediately and then it happened. UMB, had some worms on and all I heard was bang bang, pop, and splash. It happened so fast that nobody had a chance to react. The fish pulled so hard, the tip was in the water, and broke the scotty rod holder loose, sending the rod into the drink. We tried trolling for it to no avail. With my experience fishing, the fish had to be well over 6 ft to make that kind of take.

Although the day ended in a bitter tone, we had an excellent day, we hooked 29 sturgeon, and boated 21. Nothing over 5 feet, but some decent scrappers. Was definitely a good friday.

What does everybody think about starting a fund for donations to get UMB a new rod and reel?

newhunterette
04-11-2009, 09:06 AM
sounds like your day was as great as ours Dusty

sorry UMB lost his rod but what a fish that would have been to see

where are some pics of these feisty fishies :) them little guys are fun to play with

Dirty
04-11-2009, 09:09 AM
We didn't take any pictures of the fish, because none were worth taking pictures of. I don't partake in "hero-shots" of every 3, 4, and 5 ft fish. It isn't fair to the fish. The best part was when some guys came begging for bait and we told them to pound-sand. Sturgeon fishing is BYOB, Bring your our Bait!

ultramagbob
04-11-2009, 09:09 AM
I thought it was 26 hooked and 20 landed..but who's counting..I think of those 26 or 29 fish "Dirt the Perp" and his brother hooked 20 plus of them.

Dirty
04-11-2009, 09:11 AM
I thought it was 26 hooked and 20 landed..but who's counting..I think of those 26 or 29 fish "Dirt the Perp" and his brother hooked 20 plus of them.

Helps when you have the "secret bait".

ultramagbob
04-11-2009, 09:12 AM
Helps when you have the "secret bait".
Your are the Master Baiter

Stone Sheep Steve
04-11-2009, 09:20 AM
Your are the Master Baiter

Makes me glad you didn't take and pics:???:...............................

Sounds like a great day8).

SSS

newhunterette
04-11-2009, 09:21 AM
We didn't take any pictures of the fish, because none were worth taking pictures of. I don't partake in "hero-shots" of every 3, 4, and 5 ft fish. It isn't fair to the fish. The best part was when some guys came begging for bait and we told them to pound-sand. Sturgeon fishing is BYOB, Bring your our Bait!

considering I am only 5'2" a 3 ft fish is big for me and them 5ft and over are humongous so when I get a small one it is just as exciting for me - but I know what your saying when you hit so many fish you don't need to photograph them all :)

your day again sounded amazing :)

hehehehe BYOB - yup funny

Dirty
04-11-2009, 09:22 AM
Makes me glad you didn't take and pics:???:...............................

Sounds like a great day8).

SSS

Yeah it was great to see a lot of people out there with their kids and wives. Great way to spend the day with the family.

doubled
04-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Wow, good day. I got into a couple of nice bows today myself.

Fisher-Dude
04-11-2009, 06:49 PM
Great way to spend the day with the family.

UMB is family? Or just that kid down the street that tags along with whomever will spend time with him?

ultramagbob
04-11-2009, 06:50 PM
UMB is family? Or just that kid down the street that tags along with whomever will spend time with him?

I bought the boat to make friends..it seems to be working

Fisher-Dude
04-11-2009, 06:52 PM
I bought the boat to make friends..it seems to be working

Like the kid on Seinfeld who had the ping pong table.

ultramagbob
04-11-2009, 06:54 PM
Like the kid on Seinfeld who had the ping pong table.

I have no redeming values...the boat is all I got

Fisher-Dude
04-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Take this gal fishin' with ya then - or are you afraid of being outfished by a girl?

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x185/ioarana/2009%20Mexico/DSC00220.jpg

ultramagbob
04-11-2009, 07:00 PM
Ive turned over a new leaf.No more personal attacks

Dirty
04-11-2009, 07:04 PM

Me and Bobby are cousins, and we took my brother out too.

frenchbar
04-11-2009, 07:24 PM
Me and Bobby are cousins, and we took my brother out too.

heres the rest of the dirty clan,not enough room on the boat.:lol:

http://i452.photobucket.com/albums/qq249/pennys-world/Comments/family/hillbillies-1.gif

Fisher-Dude
04-11-2009, 08:14 PM
Sweetater and UMB look a lot alike. I see Tinnie is a reee-late too. No wonder UMB and PGK are so close.

shoot to kill
04-11-2009, 10:59 PM
yes, it was a fantastic day for fishing, we caught lots of fish, UMB violated the outhouse, we even almost got slimed.

oh and right on to the guys beeking out Jetboater's brother and co. i guess some guys cant hook fish so they have to anchor all around them desperately trying to get in the hot spot :roll:

SHACK
04-12-2009, 07:50 AM
Sounds like a good day on the water, I have to wonder about the "hard earned" eulichans though!?! Makes a guy wonder.
We were out as we as half the lower mainland. A nice day, stat holiday, and everyone in every type of boat trying to hook some fish, so if you did not expect to see a bunch of beeks .................

Fisher-Dude
04-12-2009, 08:10 AM
UMB violated the outhouse, we even almost got slimed.

I guess Dirt the Perp must have been in charge of chicken wings for the picnic basket again? So much for food safe.

ultramagbob
04-12-2009, 09:04 AM
Sounds like a good day on the water, I have to wonder about the "hard earned" eulichans though!?! Makes a guy wonder.

At $12.99 a pound.I consider that "Hard earned"

newhunterette
04-12-2009, 09:35 AM
At $12.99 a pound.I consider that "Hard earned"

dang where do u shop - we got ours for just over 5.00 a lb

SHACK
04-12-2009, 04:32 PM
WOW!!! 12.99 a pound!!!! OOOOOUCH!!!!! I am sure happy I bought a couple hundred pounds last year!! for a heck of a lot less!

Leaseman
04-13-2009, 07:49 AM
The river was busy on Friday.... nice to see your boat zip by Mike.....:roll:

It was a slower day for us as we explored from the port mann up to mission, but hafd a great time....

Now Saturday was interesting with basically just guide boats zipping around where we were......8)