PDA

View Full Version : Lures,spinners,flies??

quackquackbang
04-11-2009, 12:04 AM
Well i am planning on doin some fishing in the kamloops area and well im not new to fishing but new to fishing here in BC and would like to know some good lures,spinners or flys that are used here or just in general what sould i use?

ianwuzhere
04-11-2009, 06:44 AM
I always have good selection of leeches and some blue fox spinners-both of them are my go to choices..

Muleycatcher
04-11-2009, 06:50 AM
Ya , go with a blue fox spinner, and some doc spratley flies as well as a tom thumb for a dry fly and a leech pattern. Hope that helps.

todbartell
04-11-2009, 08:28 AM
Muddler minnow fly for trolling with a wet line has worked well for me before. Blue fox #2 or 3 for casting, silver/blue is my fav

ultramagbob
04-11-2009, 08:33 AM
Muddler minnow fly for trolling with a wet line has worked well for me before. Blue fox #2 or 3 for casting, silver/blue is my fav

Bartell..Stick to reloading and firearms related topics.Thanks

huntwriter
04-11-2009, 08:50 AM
Blue Fox spinners, Roster tails, Wedding bands, small spoons and as back up if all else fails Rapala minnows and an assortment of different Berkley Gulp plastic minnows and grubs in various colors and types are always in my tackle box. Charthouse, red and pink colors have worked well for me on trout in the past. I have no idea about fly fishing but heard from fly fishers in the area that muddlers and leeches work well.

spreerider
04-11-2009, 12:35 PM
I have always done good with flatfish lures especially in silver and pink.

Dirty
04-11-2009, 01:30 PM
I have always done good with flatfish lures especially in silver and pink.

Blue Fox spinners, Roster tails, Wedding bands, small spoons and as back up if all else fails Rapala minnows and an assortment of different Berkley Gulp plastic minnows and grubs in various colors and types are always in my tackle box. Charthouse, red and pink colors have worked well for me on trout in the past. I have no idea about fly fishing but heard from fly fishers in the area that muddlers and leeches work well.

Stick to these 2 posts above and you can't go wrong. If you are using the pots and pans to whack some 'bows, the wedding band-worm combo or flatfish is hard to beat. Try Gold, Silver, Black w/ sparkles, Frog, and Perch colored flatfish K3-K5 size (IIRC). Small dick nites behind a gang troll can be deadly too. Make sure to vary up your trolls, get a few different kinds and different colors: silver, gold, 50/50 coating.

For flies, can't go wrong with Chironomids, Leeches (Micros), Tom Thumbs (Dry or Sink-Tip Line), and small nymphs.

frenchbar
04-11-2009, 01:42 PM
If your living in the loops ,get yourself a 5 weight fly rod with a floating line and fish crhonimids under a corky.can fish right off shore in a lot of the smaller lks arond the area. if ya got a boat even better fish the shallow shoals after ice off and you should get into some rainbows.

mrdoog
04-11-2009, 06:29 PM
Panther Martin spinner, black body with yellow spots.
All the flies mentioned above; plus halfbacks and haresear with a gold bead.

No tackle box in the Interior is complete without a few Kamlooper spoons.

spreerider
04-11-2009, 09:57 PM
oh one more thing i forgot, a small pink and white buzz bomb never fails me

todbartell
04-11-2009, 10:04 PM
Bartell..Stick to reloading and firearms related topics.Thanks

bite me Mike Mayanaise

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o205/todbartell/Test2.jpg

Benthos
04-12-2009, 09:08 PM
if you are fishing smaller lakes and know how to flyfish, i'd stick with a good assortment of chironomids and microleeches this spring. if you prefer trolling around, go with small apex (trout killers) in blue/silver or orange

steelheadSABO
04-12-2009, 09:19 PM
blue fox mepps or panther martin spinners doc spratlys and tom thumbs a gang troll and a worm bobber and a worm

ultramagbob
04-12-2009, 09:26 PM
bite me Mike Mayanaise

http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o205/todbartell/Test2.jpg

That guy looks like Kechika

Wild one
04-13-2009, 10:11 AM
This is my go to list and has treated me well

Lurers :

panther martin (silver-yellow-red ,green tiger and black tiger)
kamlooper (red with black spots and yellow with red spots)
Blue fox (pink/silver and orange/silver
Cicada (silver/red and silver/blue)
zinger (wihte/blue and glow in the dark)
Flat fish(orange black spots ,blue silver ,and frog)
mepps heavy weight (blue/silver)

Flys :

Wooly bugger
bead head nymph
blood worm
parachute Adams
humpy
epoxy minnow

I have caught every trout from golden trout to lakers with this list I hope this helps