PDA

View Full Version : Barney pack,and frame

rand
04-10-2009, 09:20 PM
Was wondering if any one has a Barney pack and frame,I'm interested in buying one but I can't seem to find a site that sells them.Lots of talk about them on the fourms with no word on where to buy....

BCrams
04-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Barney's Sport Chalet in Alaska is the only place you can buy the pack.

Can't say enough good things about it!!

They have a new website coming up. Should be up next week.

In the mean time you can give Bob a call (907) 561-5242

kootenayelkslayer
04-10-2009, 10:33 PM
Ya pretty sure you have to order right from Barney's in Alaska.
You won't be disappointed if you buy one. I'd have to say that they probably make the best pack and frame out there.

quackquackbang
04-10-2009, 10:45 PM
Whats the price for one of these packs??? im looking for a new spike camp pack!

rand
04-11-2009, 07:23 AM
Barney's Sport Chalet in Alaska is the only place you can buy the pack.

Can't say enough good things about it!!

They have a new website coming up. Should be up next week.

In the mean time you can give Bob a call (907) 561-5242

Thanks for your input,Its come down to a Barney or Totonka.Im hearing lots about the Barney and how well there made,as well the amount your able to stuff in them.

bigwhiteys
04-11-2009, 07:39 AM
Thanks for your input,Its come down to a Barney or Totonka.Im hearing lots about the Barney and how well there made,as well the amount your able to stuff in them.

Rams loves the Barney but it's an 11lb pack when empty. That's the only reason I haven't bought one. I've been leaning towards the MR. NICE setup, slightly lighter, seems more functional, pack just as much weight I am sure.

Carl

BCrams
04-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Rams loves the Barney but it's an 11lb pack when empty. That's the only reason I haven't bought one. I've been leaning towards the MR. NICE setup, slightly lighter, seems more functional, pack just as much weight I am sure.

Carl

I saw the nice pack / straps .... I didn't think it was a more functional pack??

When people talk about the weight of the pack, I just tell em its bomb proof.

Ask Dead dog. He's destroyed every pack he's used until he bought the Barney. :cool:

bushguy
04-11-2009, 08:07 AM
http://www.mysteryranch.com/

here is a great option,if you would like an internal frame.I see the sale ends today!!!

mark
04-11-2009, 02:12 PM
I know the barney site is down, is there anywhere one can view detailed pics of the barney pack???
I too am considering either the barney or the MR nice pack.
I got to try on the MR nice pack at the sheep banquet, it instantly felt great, I was thoroughly impressed, just waiting to demo a barney in the near future from a buddy before I decide.
I hear nothing but great reviews about both packs, both claim to handle more weight than any human can handle, and be rather indestructible.

ruttinbuck
04-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Scroll through the pages.a few pics of the Barney.RB
http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/showthread.php?t=23393&highlight=barney+pack