PDA

View Full Version : Who is heading out hunting this long weekend?

BiG Boar
04-09-2009, 11:42 AM
Black bears up north of harrison, look out, I'm coming for you! Taking a new hunter out for his first hunt ever, should be a blast! Anyone eles going to head out for a couple days? Its a long weekend, may as well get out to find some sheds and do some scouting at least.

Barracuda
04-09-2009, 11:55 AM
I always stay out of the woods on long weekend as there are way to many other users not to mention right now it is still cold and snowy back there.

good luck on the scout and take some pictures of the condidtions

Gateholio
04-09-2009, 12:36 PM
I'll go out to look for some bears... Maybe take my 45 colt:smile:

Stone Sheep Steve
04-09-2009, 12:42 PM
Was hoping to squeeze in an evening or two.....but the wife just picked up another shift tomorrow and some Inlaws and "informed" us that they're coming up from for the weekend. I said "Perfect! I won't be home!":roll:....plus a couple of dinners thrown in there. Chance of getting out is starting to look slim.

SSS

Sitkaspruce
04-09-2009, 01:03 PM
I want to, but with this damn blood clot, the wife will not let me go. It is still pretty snowy and cold up here and although a few bears are being seen, they are all two year olds and are down really low. Wait another tree weeks and things will really be moving.

Will have to settle for a day or two of hali's, prawns and crab.....oh well:tongue:

Cheers

SS

Squirrelnuts
04-09-2009, 02:19 PM
Should be a good weekend for bunnies...

http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/6628/easterbunny.gif (http://img58.imageshack.us/my.php?image=easterbunny.gif)

srupp
04-09-2009, 02:35 PM
yup... quad is tuned.. waxed..gassed..and ready...

Steven

sparkes3
04-09-2009, 05:03 PM
im headin up to gatehouse country with the family ,hotsprings tomorrow then bears saturday morning

mud-dog27
04-09-2009, 05:21 PM
Black bears up north of harrison, look out, I'm coming for you! Taking a new hunter out for his first hunt ever, should be a blast! Anyone eles going to head out for a couple days? Its a long weekend, may as well get out to find some sheds and do some scouting at least.

you are brave goin to harrison on a long weekend mind you its not bad far up on the east side they crappy road keeps the idiots speeders damn

Jason Melo
04-09-2009, 10:36 PM
hell yeah heading out to the cabin to catch me a blackie :lol:

quackquackbang
04-09-2009, 10:43 PM
I think ill be heading to the Range hunting for some good groups!!!:-P

BCBear
04-09-2009, 10:48 PM
To all you eager beavers be careful for hidden washouts and bring your shovel and winch. I have been disappointed most often in early April when I get half way to bearland only to hit the wall of snow on the FSRs. Good luck though, that said I'm going next week:redface:

vanislehunter1
04-10-2009, 01:09 AM
I think ill be heading to the Range hunting for some good groups!!!:-P hopefully i will be too! it all depends if i get my gun this weekend or not.

hunter1947
04-10-2009, 03:44 AM
I will wait till the end of the month the bear will be out in full force by then.

adamgarbett
04-10-2009, 09:24 AM
im gunna head out saturday to get myself some quiet time away from the wife and kid...oh ya and to find me a bear too :lol:. responding to SSS, when r the inlaws gunna learn long weekends are for hunting not familys:lol: . Have a good 1 everybody!!!!

Wild one
04-10-2009, 09:37 AM
I am going to wait one more week just to make shire the are moving a little more.

Elkhound
04-10-2009, 09:40 AM
Heading out to tulameen with the family...I will bring the bow just in case

358win
04-10-2009, 11:38 AM
I will wait till the end of the month the bear will be out in full force by then.

I'm with Wayne. 2 weeks of fly fishing, then look out Blackies.

hunter1947
04-11-2009, 04:17 AM
I forced myself the other day to spend money on a black bear tag ,I won't eat the meat so I don't usually purchase one and I have always been a believer that I shoot what I eat.

I guess if I see one that is a monster black I would shoot it and get a rug done.

Some of the meat would be pepperoni meat as for the rest would be given to my hunting partner.

bridger
04-11-2009, 05:03 AM
heading for the cabin today and do some scouting for grizz season opens soon

BearSniper
04-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Good luck Big Bore. Hope you get one.

I have to stay close to home this weekend and look for a used car.

But I should be heading out in a few weeks when more snow has disappeared.

It's still cool in the hills at night so the fur coats should be nice.

Have a safe trip:-)

bsa30-06
04-11-2009, 07:57 AM

Not even the bears will come out, with all the drunken a-holes that will be up there on a long weekend.Never go to Harrison on a long weekend
the place is aways full of drunks on atv's.Good luck.

BiG Boar
04-13-2009, 07:34 AM
Well I went, saw a whack load of deer, shot a crow with the 270wsm. No sign of bears. Still got to sight in the new gun, and try out a new load for the 416, and become one with the other idiots up there.

twoSevenO
04-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Well I went, saw a whack load of deer, shot a crow with the 270wsm. No sign of bears. Still got to sight in the new gun, and try out a new load for the 416, and become one with the other idiots up there.

Which side of harrison did you go up?

BiG Boar
04-13-2009, 12:27 PM
the west side, up past harrison to the tubs.

Barracuda
04-13-2009, 12:48 PM
you made it to the tubs on the west side?

Barracuda
04-13-2009, 01:20 PM
dont you mean east side? from what the 4x4 guys are saying the west is snowed in still not far 20mile

twoSevenO
04-14-2009, 09:58 PM
the west side, up past harrison to the tubs.

either you have a very capable truck or you're lyin .... which one is it?

the snow depth on the west side wouldn't have allowed you to go up to the tubs, i'm pretty sure of it ....

madtrapper85
04-18-2009, 01:34 AM
I went up east side today, had a deer run along side the truck with me. lol was pretty funny especially when the misses was like o my god theres a deer and started telling me to get in front of it and slam on the brakes! carzy women! shes learning!

Other then that not one sign i did a total of 125km back there, so i covered alot of ground and yes for all those thinking i sat in a truck all day i did hike a couple hours.

*note to hunters up east harrison RCMP are on regular patrols up in there*