PDA

View Full Version : Vic F&G Shoot April 26th!!

The Hermit
04-08-2009, 11:03 PM
I've noticed on a couple of the shoot lists that the Vic F&G shoot on the Malahat is slated incorrectly. It is on April 26th at our archery range on the Malahat.

This is also where the Annual Trad Provincial Championships are taking place on the long weekend in May so come on out to the warm-up on April 26 and check out the property!!!

The Hermit
04-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Who is planning on this shoot? I think Onesock should come down and check out the property in advance of the TBBC shoot this year... besides he needs the practice! I have a crossbow he can borrow if he wants!

04-14-2009, 08:41 PM
I've noticed on a couple of the shoot lists that the Vic F&G shoot on the Malahat is slated incorrectly. It is on April 26th at our archery range on the Malahat.

This is also where the Annual Trad Provincial Championships are taking place on the long weekend in May so come on out to the warm-up on April 26 and check out the property!!!

You won't have much time to get home from Fernie Bill?

The Hermit
04-15-2009, 09:54 AM
I know, Martin is organizing it, I just gotta show up and shoot! :-)

The Hermit
04-22-2009, 08:13 AM
Bump to remind everyone! Hope we see a lot of HBC caps out there!

BowSitter
04-22-2009, 08:35 AM
I will be there Bill. Also the long awaited return of the mighty BowWalker!!:eek::eek:

The Hermit
04-22-2009, 09:10 AM
OH MY!!! That is something!!! Lets do the round together guys. I am shepparding a young first timer and might need your emotional support when he, with his compound, scores better than I with the longbow! :-)

Ron.C
04-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Sorry Bill, I think I'm going to spend this Sunday looking for a bear

Onesock
04-22-2009, 09:44 AM
Are you taking pointers from the rookie Hozer?

Bow Walker
04-22-2009, 09:54 AM
It's almost like a "coming out party"..........it's been so long.

Bow Walker
04-22-2009, 09:59 AM
:roll: It's almost like a "coming out party" :redface:..........it's been so long.

Looking forward to it. :biggrin:

Ron.C
04-22-2009, 11:23 AM
:roll: It's almost like a "coming out party" :redface:..........it's been so long.

Looking forward to it. :biggrin:

Dan,

Are you coming out of the closet or Sooke????:eek:

Either way, I don't see much of a difference;):twisted:

bochunk2000
04-22-2009, 04:14 PM
Dan,

NICE!! There are others that live in Sooke Too. I will be there setting up on Saturday and for the shoot on Sunday. See you there.
Steve.

Bow Walker
04-22-2009, 04:24 PM
Dan,

Harsh!.........:shock:

I'd better get practising so that I can defend myself.

Ron.C
04-22-2009, 04:34 PM
Harsh!.........:shock:

I'd better get practising so that I can defend myself.

just chucking some shit buddy. :smile::-P

Ron.C
04-22-2009, 04:36 PM
NICE!! There are others that live in Sooke Too. I will be there setting up on Saturday and for the shoot on Sunday. See you there.
Steve.

oh ya, Sorry Steve.

Bow Walker
04-22-2009, 04:47 PM
Don't stress any Ron, I give it as good as I get it (sometimes).

See you there - around the hot dog bbq!

Ron.C
04-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Don't stress any Ron, I give it as good as I get it (sometimes).

See you there - around the hot dog bbq!

Sorry, I'll be up Lake Colwichan way this weekend looking for bears. But given the fact that you are going to make a rare appearance, perhaps I may have to change my plans. We'll see how Saturday goes;-)

Bow Walker
04-23-2009, 09:29 AM
I'm looking forward to re-introducing myself. It's been a while. I'll be the low scoring guy from Open class. The one hanging around the food line with the dusty bow. I think I even still have the same shirt that I'm wearing in my avatar - just in case you don't recognize the chubby oldster with the bun in his yap.

Eagle1
04-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Who's this crusty old "Bowwalker" ?????????

Maybe he's a ringer shooting in the Open class, watch out fer him people.

BowSitter
04-24-2009, 07:54 AM
I'm looking forward to re-introducing myself. It's been a while. I'll be the low scoring guy from Open class. The one hanging around the food line with the dusty bow. I think I even still have the same shirt that I'm wearing in my avatar - just in case you don't recognize the chubby oldster with the bun in his yap.

Are ya counting the days!!!!
Only two more sleeps!!!!LOL:lol:

Bow Walker
04-25-2009, 06:09 PM
Hold on to yer hats boys n girls............Imma gonna be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed (providing I can get 2 or 3 quick coffes down in time).

The Hermit
04-25-2009, 10:09 PM
If Richard Brown see this in time, and if possible please bring the old riflestock that was left at your store for me. Thanks

The Hermit
04-26-2009, 07:13 PM
Fun shoot today. Many thanks to Martin and Steve and helpers for organizing ad setting up the shoot! I especially liked being tied for first place!! I'm coming to get you Onesock!! ;-)

Eagle1
04-26-2009, 07:48 PM
Weeeellll the dusty old "Bowwalker" made a "special" appearance at the shoot today, his bro says he shoot pretty good.
I hope your all sitting down cause " Mr. Bowwalker" says he's going to make another rare appearance at the Victoria shoot May 3rd.WOW, twice in one year and shooting his " pertty bow"

04-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Fun shoot today. Many thanks to Martin and Steve and helpers for organizing ad setting up the shoot! I especially liked being tied for first place!! I'm coming to get you Onesock!! ;-)

How the heck did you get home in time for the shoot Hermit, you were still in Fernie Satuday morning?????

PS, I hope that wall tent I'm going to win was bigger then the one you had at convention.......

Onesock
04-26-2009, 09:52 PM
What, only 2 guys in your category Hozer!!!!!!!!!!!

Dragginbait
04-27-2009, 07:34 AM
I'm coming to get you Onesock!! ;-)Now now Bill ,you know this isn't a dating service:razz:

BowSitter
04-27-2009, 07:46 AM
What, only 2 guys in your category Hozer!!!!!!!!!!!

Kirk, There was actually 3 but the third guy broke his bow.:razz:

OOBuck
04-27-2009, 07:50 AM
Kirk, There was actually 3 but the third guy broke his bow.:razz:

And the Hermit scored 20,15,10,5.....:shock:

Bow Walker
04-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Great shoot - thanks to the organizers, Martin, Steve, Wayne, et al.

Jeez I'm gettin' old. I'm stiff and sore this morning. Shot more arrows yesterday than I have for a looong time!

I did a major sight re-adjust at lunchtime and didn't shoot any better in the afternoon. Oh well, I had a blast. Thanks again to the organizers.

It would've been nice if - on the last round - people would've brought in their last target(s).......I and the organizers spent way too long cleaning up and bringing in waay too many targets.

The Hermit
04-27-2009, 08:36 AM
How the heck did you get home in time for the shoot Hermit, you were still in Fernie Satuday morning?????

PS, I hope that wall tent I'm going to win was bigger then the one you had at convention.......

Andy - I left Fernie Sat morning at 7:11 in the driving snow storm and motored across the Province in time to catch the 5 pm ferry and have dinner with my bride. And to that shit head that drove 40km all the way up Kootney pass MTFO!!! LOL

Yes the TBBC tent draw is on a Sunforger treated 10.10 canvas tent that is 10'X12' with aluminum frame, two screened windows and double screened door. But with your luck Andy I'm guessing you win the stove or the lifetime membership in the UBBC!! :razz: At only $20 each I thought you would have bought a book of tickets!!!

http://www.members.shaw.ca/btozer/tent.jpg

The Hermit
04-27-2009, 08:39 AM
BTW - Rod Taylor and I both scored 331 in the longbow class on Sunday and there were about 8 contestants. http://www.members.shaw.ca/btozer/ttozzz.gif

04-27-2009, 09:36 AM
:razz: At only $20 each I thought you would have bought a book of tickets!!!

I ended up buying quite a few, Norm, Arnie and the boys from Invermere sold a lot as did Jim, Marty and the boys from Cranbrook. I didn't refuse anyone so I have a few. Glad the shoot went well, sounds like the participants are pleased.

OOBuck
04-27-2009, 08:18 PM
BTW - Rod Taylor and I both scored 331 in the longbow class on Sunday and there were about 8 contestants. http://www.members.shaw.ca/btozer/ttozzz.gif

60 animals huh, wow!!!