PDA

View Full Version : Bowhunter Survey Summary

The Hermit
04-07-2009, 11:35 PM
Anyone interested can click on the link below which will provide you with a PDF of the survey results. I am still working on how to capture and make the open comments available... patience please.

I find it kinda weird that the number of responses jumped from 181 to 220 in just the last couple days... I will review the ip addresses to see if anyone stacked the deck.

http://www.members.shaw.ca/btozer/SurveySummary.pdf

I know this survey wasn't perfect but the results are interesting and somewhat surprising to me in some areas. PLEASE, when making comment keep in mind some of the recent posts about HUNTERS needing to respect one another. No one has reviewed the results or drawn any conclusions as yet so don't be reading between imaginary lines!!

Have fun and keep your sticks on the ice! http://www.mutineerz.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_popcorneater.gif

PGK
04-07-2009, 11:42 PM
Certainly interesting to see the majority of respondents are from region one and hunt in region 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**Edit** WOW Question 40!!!!!!

J_T
04-08-2009, 06:03 AM
Certainly interesting to see the majority of respondents are from region one and hunt in region 7!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

**Edit** WOW Question 40!!!!!!X2........

tomahawk
04-08-2009, 06:59 AM
Good job Hermit, thanks for sharing, that is interesting info!

huntwriter
04-08-2009, 07:07 AM
Interesting results. I am looking forward to the final evaluation. I am glad to see that the majority does not wish to have an additional mandatory bowhunter education course as we try to make hunting more accessible with less strings attached and hoops to jump through.

I am equally glad to see that the majority is in favor of crossbows during archery season, although I am puzzled by the phrase, “where there are no conservation concerns.” ???? It’s just a bow like a compound.

The Hermit
04-08-2009, 10:22 PM
Huntwriter... I've have enough of the mob... sick of the insinuated accusations, the questioning of my integrity, assumptions and judgements from people that don't know me or what my values are and what I do or don't do for conservation and to support hunting... http://www.mutineerz.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mob.gif

As a result no evaluation, differential diagnosis, assessment, or prognosis coming your way from me... remember I'm just a low life shrink that is into fake science, the kind of guy that makes up illnesses just to profit from "helping" people.

You guys can draw you own conclusions, I'm done with you on this topic. A little ferry told me that you only hear what you want to hear anyway! http://www.mutineerz.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_ttozzz_knows.gif

PGK
04-08-2009, 10:30 PM
I am still WOW on question 40. I did not expect that so many bowhunters would be against youth seasons or grouse seasons! Makes me wonder if rainwater took the test 20 or 30 times :???: That is a seriously irrational result!!

Huntwriter, stick to talking bout things you know about....o wait...

The Hermit
04-08-2009, 10:58 PM
I am still WOW on question 40. I did not expect that so many bowhunters would be against youth seasons or grouse seasons! Makes me wonder if rainwater took the test 20 or 30 times :???: That is a seriously irrational result!!

Typical... you jump to the conclusion that "so many bowhunters would be against youth seasons or grouse seasons!" Read the question PGK!!! It said nothing about youth hunting or grouse seasons... it is asking about any rifle hunting in BOW ONLY seasons! Youth are more than welcome to hunt with a bow during bow only season! Hell give them a youth only rifle season too just not during the bow only season is what people are saying. Explicative!!!

That is exactly the kind of bullshit I was talking about in the post above yours! http://www.mutineerz.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_wall.gifAnd then you add insult to injury with this gem...

"Makes me wonder if rainwater took the test 20 or 30 times :???:""

For the record Rainwater only completed the questionaire once... how many times did YOU complete it?? What is your ip address... I'd like to check!! :evil:

Ambush
04-08-2009, 11:00 PM
[quote=PGK;441958]I am still WOW on question 40. I did not expect that so many bowhunters would be against youth seasons or grouse seasons! Makes me wonder if rainwater took the test 20 or 30 times :???: That is a seriously irrational result!!

Why would you be suprised that people would think there should be no guns going off in a "BOW ONLY" season?

How did you extrapolate "...against youth seasons"?

And do you really think that only pro-bow hunting people filled out the survey. I'm sure there were a few "spoilers".http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon12.gif

I think some people did a lot of work, with good intentions, so the logical thing to do is to kick the crap out of them and discredit their motives and effort.:roll:

I don't know any of the survey creators, buts for what it's worth: thanks for trying to better the sport.

horshur
04-08-2009, 11:10 PM

bow only kinda says it all regarding question 40....if it was bow only well?????????????? it is bow only.

it isn't an irational result...what kinda is irrational is to have a bow only season with rifle hunters.LOL

Fisher-Dude
04-08-2009, 11:18 PM
bow only kinda says it all regarding question 40....if it was bow only well?????????????? it is bow only.

it isn't an irational result...what kinda is irrational is to have a bow only season with rifle hunters.LOL

So you're saying that Russell shouldn't be out hunting in youth season because there is a concurrent bow season?

PGK
04-08-2009, 11:27 PM
1. I am a bowhunter.

2. I have NO problems with kids hunting with RIFLES during a BOW ONLY season.

3. Does anyone have a problem with that?

Now, we've had this debate before and frankly, I think that result is out-to-lunch. There is no good reason to not overlap bow only and youth rifle seasons. Youth will have a higher connect ratio in the early season when the deer are typically less wary, and there is no bowhunter in his right mind who will come on here and say they feel threatened by stray bullets if a half dozen kids are out rifle hunting during a bow only season. Having youth rifle hunters out during a bow only season is not going to have a significant impact on anyone's bow hunting success.

Wanting to kick kid rifle seasons out of bow only seasons is irrational, and selfish on behalf of the UBBC. This kind of crap can not and will not be tolerated from an organization that calls themselves an advocate for hunting and hunter recruitment.

I am DONE on this topic. I hope that any resolutions put forward to the BCWF on this subject in a couple weeks are soundly beaten down! This whole mess flies directly in the face of getting kids out there hunting.

PGK
04-08-2009, 11:31 PM
Go nuts

The Hermit
04-09-2009, 01:09 AM
1. I am a bowhunter.

2. I have NO problems with kids hunting with RIFLES during a BOW ONLY season.

3. Does anyone have a problem with that?

Now, we've had this debate before and frankly, I think that result is out-to-lunch. There is no good reason to not overlap bow only and youth rifle seasons. Youth will have a higher connect ratio in the early season when the deer are typically less wary, and there is no bowhunter in his right mind who will come on here and say they feel threatened by stray bullets if a half dozen kids are out rifle hunting during a bow only season. Having youth rifle hunters out during a bow only season is not going to have a significant impact on anyone's bow hunting success.

Wanting to kick kid rifle seasons out of bow only seasons is irrational, and selfish on behalf of the UBBC. This kind of crap can not and will not be tolerated from an organization that calls themselves an advocate for hunting and hunter recruitment.

I am DONE on this topic. I hope that any resolutions put forward to the BCWF on this subject in a couple weeks are soundly beaten down! This whole mess flies directly in the face of getting kids out there hunting.

That is your opinion and you are welcome to it just the same as all the others that indicated a different opinion!

Onesock
04-09-2009, 07:15 AM
:shock::-oI hardly think the UBBC would put a resolution through the BCWF!!!!!!!!!!!! Brainy????

Onesock
04-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Oh and by the way FD it is not youth season with a concurrent bow season!! It is a Bow Only Season................or at least it used to be. Kids should be able to hunt for anything they want (does bucks)for the entire length of the entire GOS!!!!

J_T
04-09-2009, 08:00 AM
So you're saying that Russell shouldn't be out hunting in youth season because there is a concurrent bow season?
I don't at all think that is what's being said. But you are free to spin it with your stir stick.

The UBBC support youth and would like to encourage all hunters and advisory groups to expand youth opportunity.

The Hermit
04-09-2009, 08:11 AM
I figured out how to provide the replies to the open ended questions. Go here >>> http://www.members.shaw.ca/btozer/Results/

and click on the document called surveysummary.html and it should open a new web page and give you the survey results and inside that you will see blue coloured "view" links that will take you to the comments.

J_T
04-09-2009, 08:15 AM
[quote=PGK;441958]I am still WOW on question 40. I did not expect that so many bowhunters would be against youth seasons or grouse seasons! Makes me wonder if rainwater took the test 20 or 30 times :???: That is a seriously irrational result!!

[quote] I do agree with your surprise at that result. I'm still wondering about it. I voted "disagree" so I wonder who strongly agreed with it?

Bowhunters are not 'about' kicking kids out of the hunt. I know we keep picking the scab off of this one. It's an over nourished topic that's been around for a long time and I believe there is an amazing disconnect between everyone that participates in the topic. I know FD can find all kinds of quotes and examples, and they work for his arguement, because he's not listening.

Part of that disconnect occurs when some, read a person's post (just like Horshur's here) and proceed to spin the typed words into something else and they run with it (as FD did). It pushes people into corners, they become defensive, then positional, and at that point, any real value of having a discussion is gone and it becomes more about a hate-on and winning a shouting match.

Not, understanding each other and coming up with solutions.

Man, I hope I haven't side tracked this post into another round of the same ole same ol. I'm trying to put it to rest. FD, can you help and find some acceptance rather than poking the salty stick into the festering wound?

Bow Walker
04-09-2009, 08:57 AM
Hang in there Bill. Get P.O'd. Rant. Vent. Fight back, or whatever it takes - but don't go away. Some of us know and respect what you're doing here.

Ron.C
04-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Hermit,

The results are what they are. Some have a clear majority, others are very divided. But I'm sure you expected that. Don't let the comments of a few piss you off. Thanks for being procative and trying to gain some statistics. Just curious, is it your or UBBC's intention to have a UBBC member survey completed so the results can be compared to the one done here?

horshur
04-09-2009, 09:06 AM

if it was a bow only season than russ could hunt it with a bow...
the wording suggest exclusivity does it not.?

there were other possibility's when considering youth innitiatives but it seems that timing of public school and less bowhunter numbers had the youth season intrude on there deal..........

I do not think it unreasonable that a bow only season would be just that.

I know you guys are really proud of that two or three actual hunting days for the kids of the two week season but man I sure rather give the kids actual practical hunting days that might get them a deer..10-14.
Think of the actual hunting time available on those few days with the intrusion of school.

huntwriter
04-09-2009, 09:31 AM
Huntwriter... I've have enough of the mob... sick of the insinuated accusations, the questioning of my integrity, assumptions and judgements from people that don't know me or what my values are and what I do or don't do for conservation and to support hunting... http://www.mutineerz.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_mob.gif

As a result no evaluation, differential diagnosis, assessment, or prognosis coming your way from me... remember I'm just a low life shrink that is into fake science, the kind of guy that makes up illnesses just to profit from "helping" people.

You guys can draw you own conclusions, I'm done with you on this topic. A little ferry told me that you only hear what you want to hear anyway! http://www.mutineerz.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_ttozzz_knows.gif

I just saw that. Relax man I insinuate noting and accuse you of nothing. All I said is that I am glad to see that some questions have been, in the majority, answered to my liking. One of them happens to be the question about mandatory bowhunter education and the other about crossbows. Where in all that did I personally attack you or anyone else for that matter, nor take anything out of context or insinuate anything. The mind boggles.

In fact I think you did a great job putting that survey together, and I believe I said that elsewhere before. With the results of that the organization has finally some figures to work with.

As for the rest. No I do not like psychology. It is vastly overrated and abused. That is my opinion based on personal experience as a child and from what I see daily in courts to get crminals of the hook, but that does not mean that I do not respect the individual person. There are many people whose profession I do not like but I still get along with the person.

Now I am done too.:smile: