PDA

View Full Version : ?????Roche Lake or Douglas Lake??????

newhunterette
04-07-2009, 11:15 AM
just a wondering if anyone knows how the ice situation is on these lakes at the moment

thanks bunches

beastman
04-07-2009, 11:16 AM
frozen.........

abbyfireguy
04-07-2009, 05:56 PM
Stick with the sturgies for now Ali.

Steve

newhunterette
04-07-2009, 06:45 PM
Stick with the sturgies for now Ali.

Steve

oh I will be - hehehe we got the boat home finally - look out Good friday hitting the water for them sturgies

the "Dare II Dream" is heading into water

but asking about these 2 lakes for a fishing derby we have in May

oldtimer
04-07-2009, 07:25 PM
Ali is that Lac De Roche on the little fort road ??? Mike

Jagermeister
04-07-2009, 07:50 PM
Mike, Roche Lake, southeast of Kamloops and a little northeast of Stump Lake.
Ali, not sure of the snow condition at those lakes, but the ones to the northwest of Kamloops, especially the ones that got 18" of new snow last week are somewhat treacherous. The new snow is absorbing moisture from the air and gaining weight, forcing the ice down and water is coming up through cracks and along the shoreline. This is flooding above the ice and if the snow is deep enough, you do not notice it until you in the water. I know this from my experience Sunday when out sledding, while on one lake, I broke through the snow layer (about 3+ ft. of snow) and hit about a foot of water. Could have had a new experience trolling from the sled but my main concern was to get my sorry ass over to terra firma without getting stuck in the slush and water. Nasty just thinking about it.

huntwriter
04-07-2009, 08:24 PM
I was at the Douglas Lake yesterday and Roche today both still frozen but if the warm weather we're having keeps up it might all melt in a week or two.

3kills
04-07-2009, 10:20 PM
suppose to snow again this weekend :( so i have been hearin i hhope not gettin my trailer ready to go campin soon

newhunterette
04-08-2009, 07:59 AM
I was at the Douglas Lake yesterday and Roche today both still frozen but if the warm weather we're having keeps up it might all melt in a week or two.

thanks bunches huntwriter - will let Peter know this - we have a relative that flies in from Denmark every May specifically to fish in this derby so want to be sure he has a great time always

dag nabbit 3kills - snow is a bad bad 4 letter word once spring finally sprungs itself - so for saying it - bend over and stick out your tongue mister for 50 lashes across your buttocks and soap on the tongue :p:p:p:p

huntwriter
04-08-2009, 08:07 AM
suppose to snow again this weekend :( so i have been hearin i hhope not gettin my trailer ready to go campin soon

Yep that's what the weatherman said. There goes the Global warming myth out the door again.:lol:

huntwriter
04-08-2009, 08:11 AM
thanks bunches huntwriter - will let Peter know this - we have a relative that flies in from Denmark every May specifically to fish in this derby so want to be sure he has a great time always

Depends when in May your visitor arrives but the ice is usually gone by the second week of May, unless the Global Cooling trend we’re experiencing keeps up.:D

doubled
04-09-2009, 12:46 PM
Ali, Tunkwa which is close in elevation has about 20 inches of ice still. Still a month away unfortunately.

swampdonkey
04-10-2009, 09:05 AM
paska lake near mile high resort was drill through last weekend 32" of ice still ice will not be off this area untill may long weekend like last year

3kills
04-10-2009, 02:54 PM
dag nabbit 3kills - snow is a bad bad 4 letter word once spring finally sprungs itself - so for saying it - bend over and stick out your tongue mister for 50 lashes across your buttocks and soap on the tongue :p:p:p:p

now they are only callin for more rain...

newhunterette
04-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Can anyone give me an update please on the ice situation on these lakes or lakes around such as Salmon or Alkali?

Thank you muchly

doubled
04-20-2009, 09:45 PM
http://www.tunkwalakeresort.com/webcam.php

That is the link to the Tunka webcam. Lots of ice still but starting to get pretty soft.