PDA

View Full Version : Sumas mountain

LordFerence
04-06-2009, 04:42 PM
Im new to the site , not sure if im posting this in the right section. My question is this , if there bow hunting allowed on sumas mountain, i have heard both yes and no , so im just trying to find out for sure. Thanks

NaStY
04-06-2009, 04:48 PM
Check the regs, but i believe yes it is...

Steeleco
04-06-2009, 04:50 PM
I believe you'll need a special area hunting regs to be sure. There is an archery season, just don't know the boundaries as I've never hunted there.

Welcome to the site!!

kebes
04-06-2009, 04:53 PM
I ran into a guy bow hunting up there...not to say it's legal or not. The school up there might not mind a few bears less :).

danfloris
04-06-2009, 05:06 PM
yes it is, it is bow only no firearms at all and you will need a special fraser valley permit. you need that permit to hunt everything in the valley.

BearSniper
04-06-2009, 05:07 PM
Hi

Yup Bow hunting is ok. No firearms. Just try to keep away from the residences. Many are ok with it, some are not. There are a few greenpeacers up there who still think the Vietnam war is on, Pierre Trudeau is P.M., and they wouldn't kill a fly.

Have heard of many deer taken right out of back yards up there with a bow. Bear as well.

However, come September, many residents will be furious that all their plants and flowers have been eaten by the deer, so they're happy to see a few deer taken.

Good luck