PDA

View Full Version : Turkeys !!!!

35 Whelen
04-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Anyone been out yet...doing any scouting ??????

Tell us your success stories........Pics if you have em please.

mark
04-06-2009, 08:15 AM
Anyone been out yet??????

Tell us your success stories........Pics too please.

Success stories???? Lots of last years threads if you dig for them! Anyone whos shot one already would be a fool to post about it!

Heres last years, this was your feather donor!

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=21604

35 Whelen
04-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Hey Mark.

I must be all scrambled up....I was sure they opened up April 1st......LOL

Thanks for the donor bird, just waiting for the fletching jig to arrive and I should be good to go.

Thanks
Paul

SHAKER
04-06-2009, 02:32 PM
I know we're all excited to get back in the bush....... but just hold on another week and the feathers will be fly'n!

Did I mention Cougar season sucked this year?

Brambles
04-06-2009, 05:35 PM
the ol Brain Fart eh, I feel for yah Paul, you've been sidelined for more hunting seasons than anyone should have to endure. Cabin fever is gonna be something nasty, heal up quick.

J

35 Whelen
04-06-2009, 06:06 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head there Jeff......cabin fever has a strong hold on my mind, and it is trying to convince me that there has to be something shootable out there.....LOL

Saw that hole in your backyard......holy crap, you got your work cut out for you!!!!!

Keep that trigger finger away from the framing hammer......

Still accepting turkey wing feathers from any who do end up successful.

Cheers boys

Paul

eastkoot
04-06-2009, 06:33 PM
Went for a drive with the wife the other night after supper, 6 toms on the side of the road, all answered when I gobbled at them so they are starting..Location is a secret..

35 Whelen
04-06-2009, 06:46 PM
Location is secret....LOL

Who cares when you have an avatar like that....where on earth did you find those little hens?????

Brambles
04-06-2009, 07:59 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head there Jeff......cabin fever has a strong hold on my mind, and it is trying to convince me that there has to be something shootable out there.....LOL

Saw that hole in your backyard......holy crap, you got your work cut out for you!!!!!

Keep that trigger finger away from the framing hammer......

Still accepting turkey wing feathers from any who do end up successful.

Cheers boys

Paul

Paul

Did I ever give you those turkey feathers? or do I still have them in my basement:?: I can't remember, and downstairs is too far to travel to go and look at the moment?:p

35 Whelen
04-06-2009, 09:15 PM
You still have them....but don't go down there...you might not get back up the stairs....LOL

Brambles
04-07-2009, 07:20 AM
You still have them....but don't go down there...you might not get back up the stairs....LOL

I'll be working on the "Man Garage" for the next 3 days so if your around, stop by and I"ll grab those wings for you.

trigger
04-07-2009, 01:49 PM
Can any one Elaborate on when the best time for turkey hunting is and what are the best tactics?

I went to cranbrook last year and hunted hard for 5 days. saw a few turkeys. Only one legal, but it was to far of a shot and damn those things are smart. S.M.R.T

Mckinney Creek Adventures
04-08-2009, 09:05 PM
The turkeys are getting very vocal here. I was listening to them gobbling like crazy when I was packing wood at last light tonight. They were going back and forth gobbling at each other. I would howl, and they would gobble as well.

IF THAT DOESNT GET YOU GOING, YOU DONT HAVE A PULSE!!

Only 7 more sleeps and I will be hot on there heals (hopefully).

MCA

Camp Cook
04-13-2009, 11:31 PM
I'll be in Elko for opening morning so will be giving it a try... :D

300H&H
04-14-2009, 08:47 PM
Im going out tomorrow, opening day. I hope to leave town by 3:30am. A quick stop to fuel up at Tim Hortons and Im off. This year I hope I don't forget my gun lock keys. Brain fart. With a little luck and some co-opperation from a BIG tom I'll be back in time for lunch. Good luck Everyone.

Just 8 hrs & 43mins till first light.

eastkoot
04-15-2009, 03:27 PM
Out today, slept in so didn't get there till 7:30.. Had 2 gobbling and saw a few hens.. They can be sneaky buggers!!!

35 Whelen
04-19-2009, 05:41 PM
Back to the top....lets hear the stories and pics too if you have em.?????

Husq
04-19-2009, 08:36 PM
I headed out this past thursday, the 16th and ended up on some crown land around Christina Lake.

As I was hiking around I noticed a couple of elk so I decided to pull out my camera and take a couple of photo's. I moved up the hillside and crouched behind a tree about 50 yards away. As I peeked the elk ended up bolting, forlornly I started to put my camera away. As I was fooling around with the case out walk two hens, about 15 yards out, heading away from me.

For a first time turkey hunt I was pretty happy just to see a couple of the little buggers!

sfire436
04-20-2009, 09:59 AM
Just got my first gobbler. Story and pic in the members pictures forum.

gobble gobble