PDA

View Full Version : Deer hunting in Mcbride

peterb
11-15-2005, 10:30 PM
Has anyone ever hunted for deer around Mcbride and is there any good deer spots around there. Heading out this weekend.

PGKris
11-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Go thru mcBride, past the fraser bridge, take the first left and stay all the way left. Anywhere around McKale creek is good. I wanted to get out there this year but I didn't have the time. Good luck.

Byson
11-17-2005, 07:33 PM
I shot a 3point in Mcbride my avtar is the one pgkris is right there is a gravelpit and a field on the right side which is crownland i hunted above the gravel pit on the hillside lots of deer up there

PGKris
11-17-2005, 11:21 PM
Hybrids too. Make sure of your animal

ratherbefishin
11-18-2005, 08:49 AM
what is the rule on hybrids-what tag do you usewhite tail or muley?

ape
11-18-2005, 10:05 AM
I am told that all hybrids are to be tagged as muleys

PGKris
11-18-2005, 11:36 AM
Really?? I was told by a CO two years ago that they go by antler configuration. I don't think it would matter all that much as long as you cut one. They're going to have to address that issue though. There's supposed to be a lot of them in the McBride area.

BCrams
11-20-2005, 03:30 PM
PGkris -

Get your facts together!!

Who was the CO that told you that they go by antler configuration eh ???

They cannot go by antler configuration. Why do you think we are supposed to leave the hair patch on the animal. ...... ding .... its so COs can identify what species it is. There is no point / antler restriction in the McBride area and if a guy chose to, he could just leave the sex on the animal to prove it was a male with the patch of hair and leave the antlers in the bush with the gut pile.

You talk like there's alot of hybrids out there ....who told you this or are you making your own assumptions........... then you would think the Peace River country which has a longer history of mulies / whitetails to have alot of hybrids too ........... wrong !

Here's a simple question - what does the ass end of a hybrid look like ??? Since the CO's told you they go by antler configuration, there obviously must be something about the ass ends between the two eh..... not likely.

A three point muley can look like whitetail antlers if you saw them off. Oh ... its gotta be a hybrid eh.... no it doesn't.