PDA

View Full Version : trip to Harrison Hotsprings (water level of the rivers)

newhunterette
04-05-2009, 09:34 PM
We took a little trip into Harrison this weekend and as we passed the Vedder River we saw very little water through the vedder canal and low water on the river - not many boats running

The travelling along the Fraser from Mission the water was pretty good for levels as there were a few more boats out but the closer to Harrison the lower the water dropped

Harrison Lagoon was very low and waters beyond to the river were passable as some boats were out but talking to a good friend who is a guide metioned on one sightseeing outing he was on with a couple he hit such a low spot in the river even he was nervous running and he said for him that is really low water

I know they are fishing cutties on the Harrison as some people were taking trips to do this

We took a little scenic drive through to chehalis on our way home and saw a couple bears out and about (yeahhhhhhhhh they are awake) and a small runoff has started to fill the low waters of the streams

some happy flyfishermen were on Weaver Lake

so we count on warm weather to fill our rivers so we can enjoy the fishing, the sun and spring bear hunting - what else could one ask for this time of year :)

I do love BC

04-05-2009, 11:32 PM
Bears you say???????

SOOOOO jealous

pinebushman
04-14-2009, 01:34 PM
Shhhhh. the bears are still sleepy.

Dirty
04-14-2009, 02:25 PM
Were you running the boat all the way there or were you driving?

newhunterette
04-14-2009, 03:20 PM
Dusty, this was a couple weeks ago - we were driving but I also got a river report from a friend who guides and he takes his boats almost anywhere and even said at the time the rivers were low but after good friday on the fraser there was a big change from our harrison trip - amazing how a few days warm weather can change the water levels - so nice