PDA

View Full Version : bear hunting day 1

steelheadSABO
04-04-2009, 02:27 PM
Went out bear hunting today and the weather was nice.We walked a few clearcuts and logging roads.No bears and but we found the deer we couldnt find last year:(.So we set up a can and did some shooting.nice day out but i think its still to early for bears.

PressurePoint
04-04-2009, 04:52 PM
Yup, but still beats a day at work.

huntwriter
04-04-2009, 04:57 PM
Went out bear hunting today and the weather was nice.We walked a few clearcuts and logging roads.No bears and but we found the deer we couldnt find last year:(.
Isn’t that how it works most of the time? We go deer hunting and see bears, then we go bear hunting and see deer instead.:smile:

skinarama
04-04-2009, 05:46 PM
I agree with you guys. I just got home from 4x4ing all over the place, and didn't even see a bear crap! Saw a few massive white tails, so I think I'll have to wait another week or two to tip a boar over.

kishman
04-04-2009, 05:51 PM
Had a look at a few spots around the FV and saw no bears or fresh sign to speak of.

adamgarbett
04-05-2009, 12:14 AM
where were u wheelin skinarama

skinarama
04-05-2009, 04:05 PM
Twojoints - I was up Beaver Lake area and there was still TONS of snow up there! Then we went up Spine Cop mountain in Winfield. Less snow, but no signs of bears. My buddy phoned me last night, and he had a 2 to 3 year old cinamon bear in his back yard! Damn thing played with a soccer ball, and then licked my buddies' bbq! By the time I got there, the bear had scurried into thick brush, I did get to see his pictures of it, and it almost looks like a tiny grizz! Long snout, and a hump at its shoulders. I'll try to get the pics from him and post them. Today, my stupidly lucky friend phoned and told me that he now had a bull moose in his yard! I drove over to see, but again I was too slow. This guy doesn't even live in the boonies, pretty much downtown Winfield! Bloody Amazing!

Panda
04-05-2009, 09:04 PM
Saw one in Pemberton this weekend... shotgun only area tho :(