View Full Version : Sale of Taxidermy Mounts

RiverBoatFantasy
04-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Sold!

Thanks.

abbyfireguy
04-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Try Craig's List.
I think you have to have tags and permits for sale. All the paperwork info is on the government website and in the hunting regs.
I'll look them up if I have a few minutes .

bowhunterbruce
04-03-2009, 03:16 PM
most taxi's will sell them in thier shops or stores on consignment,you get what you want and tack on abit for themselfs,i'd get in touch with some of the bigger ones first and find out what each and every one is worth,then ask them if thier interested in selling it for you or if they themself want to buy it.
here is 1 i know of in vernon http://www.a1furtraders.com/
you could also try harley white in kelowna
goodluck

Tarp Man
04-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Consider Cabela's or Wholesale Sports, they may have the capital to purchase this sort of thing.

Rackmastr
04-03-2009, 03:20 PM
Hell.....post em up here with prices or toss me a PM...

I have a couple guys I know always keeping their eyes open....

bighornbob
04-03-2009, 03:29 PM
There used to be a company (Chicago Appraisers maybe) that would advertise in the FNAWS magazine that would (for a fee) appraise your mounts and find institutions (museums and schools) to donate them too. With the donation you get a tax credit. They said it was IRS acceptable (so probably not with Revenue Canada:rolleyes:). I remember sheep being quite high something like 20,000 tax credit (based on size and quality of taxi work).

They had some sort of slogan like " Let your old mounts pay for a future hunt).

BHB

knighthunter
04-03-2009, 03:41 PM
I agree, post them up here, even without prices. Lets have a look.

hunter1947
04-04-2009, 03:27 AM
RBF I hope your health is alright ???,reading a post like this don't seam right.

bigben
04-04-2009, 04:14 AM
delete this post thanxs

David Heitsman
04-05-2009, 01:37 PM
Bighornbob:

I believe the "Museam Donation IRS" scheme has been contested and is no longer allowed. Can't remember where I got the info but it was at one of
the shows. I haven't seen those ads for a couple years now at least too.

hunter1947
04-06-2009, 05:58 AM
Try selling them to some lodges or pubs some places of this kind would love to have them ..

Try advertising them down south in the states as well .

Ask your taxidermy that did them if he can put them up for sale at his place that might help as well lots of hunters come in there to get there work done and will see them for sale ,good luck http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/images/icons/icon14.gif.

Dirty
04-06-2009, 08:48 AM
Thanks Hunter1947.

The states thing is likely best for higher prices - especially Texas.

I have no faith that my taxidermist could make a sale for me judging by the number or mounts that people dont pay for. He gets stuck with them and has to sell them off.

I am over the taxidermy thing. In my opinion it costs way too much and takes way too long these days. Been doing it for 25 years now.

I'd rather spend future money hunting. Much more rewarding for me.

The last time I moved I had a whole pickup load of racks. Never again! They are nailed to the trees in my yard and will remain there until they rot off.

Just my thoughts.

I just got back a beautiful griz rug that I am going to offer down in Texas. It took 2 years to get it back.

Looks like you have an addiction to pay for, HUNTING, good on you. Why not sell some of your mounts to pay for more hunting. It is basically like getting payed to hunt. You harvest good animals, mount them, look at them for a while, and then sell them off. Sounds like a good investment to me!

BiG Boar
04-07-2009, 07:33 AM
Why are there no pics up yet!? We want to see some horn!

whitetailsheds
04-07-2009, 08:19 AM
Very nice stuff, RBF! Photos look good on there. Where is the Dall from?