PDA

View Full Version : Worth taking a look??

351BII
04-02-2009, 09:12 PM
Got the day off tomorrow and was thinking of taking the quads and going for a ride and scope out some areas. I saw a few bear tracks when were were way up sylvester rd last weekend. ANyone think it would be worth it to go have a good look up there or up the hemlock valley area? Im new to bears so bare with me:sad:

mike_b
04-02-2009, 09:18 PM
Got the day off tomorrow and was thinking of taking the quads and going for a ride and scope out some areas. I saw a few bear tracks when were were way up sylvester rd last weekend. ANyone think it would be worth it to go have a good look up there or up the hemlock valley area? Im new to bears so bare with me:sad:

Just how far did you go up Sylvester? I was up there the other weekend just for some target practice, but didn't go past 5kms......still a $hitload of snow then. As far as taking a look around Sylvester, I personally wouldn't. Went bear hunting around Hemlock many many years ago with my dad, but it was more like a stupid hike....didn't see a soul......good luck

351BII
04-02-2009, 09:25 PM
We were a ways up there. We were about 2 feet above the guard rail on the bridge on top of snow. But it was a couple clicks before that where I saw prints and poo. Were camping just before 20 mile last august near the end of the month and seen probably 6 bears hanging around a couple clear cuts and a couple waddling up the side of the road...Anywhere around you recomend going for a day of scoping out?

mike_b
04-02-2009, 09:29 PM
We were a ways up there. We were about 2 feet above the guard rail on the bridge on top of snow. But it was a cew clicks before that where I saw prints. Were camping just before 20 mile last august near the end of the month and seen probably 6 bears hanging around a couple clear cuts and a couple waddling up the side of the road...Anywhere around you recomend going for a day of scoping out?

I was thinking of headed up the East side of Harrison. In the summer I would do a lot of fishin in my belly-boat in the lakes around Hemlock; would go pretty far up the road (40-60kms) and have only ever seen one little collared blackie.....

351BII
04-02-2009, 10:53 PM
Well maybe Ill have to go for a boot out the east side harrison. We seen a few bears last summer/fall up hemlock. Couple that were coming right to where we were camping and others just puttering along and one was right in woodlake camp area. They werent really big but keepers...Hopefully the spring bear turns out good. Good Luck:cool:

hunter1947
04-03-2009, 03:58 AM
Thats the only way to do it ,just go out and look sooner or latter there will be the bear your looking for.

Big Lew
04-03-2009, 07:09 AM
There's too much snow yet ....would suggest going up west side of harrison and poking nose up sideroads with quad....have travelled up west side a lot the last couple of years and seen bears most trips.

M.Dean
04-03-2009, 07:33 AM
Hell Yea it's worth takin a look!!! Take a small snow shovel, sunglasses, extra cable, saw of some kind, beer, pepperoni, rifle, lots of shells, find a nice spot, lay back on the bike in the sun and laugh at all the poor saps at work today!!!

351BII
04-03-2009, 05:26 PM
Hell Yea it's worth takin a look!!! Take a small snow shovel, sunglasses, extra cable, saw of some kind, beer, pepperoni, rifle, lots of shells, find a nice spot, lay back on the bike in the sun and laugh at all the poor saps at work today!!!

that pretty much what happened. Was such a nice day I think Ill go with buddies again tomorrow:mrgreen:

longhairmtnman
04-03-2009, 06:43 PM
was poking around opening day. This is what U can expect.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/longhairmtnman/chahalisapril1st2009001.jpg

Stolen vehicle?? up Chehalis fsr.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/longhairmtnman/chahalisapril1st2009005.jpg

wolverine
04-03-2009, 07:41 PM
Yeah, you and about 600 other guys now that you posted the location on the internet. :mrgreen:

rollingrock
04-03-2009, 08:34 PM
I headed out today to find out how things were going. This is what I found. Even if the temp goes steep up during the week end, I doubt you would see many bears. Nothing for them to eat yet. So my next out will be in a month.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/rockrolling/Squamish%202009-04-03/S7300177.jpg

But on the other hand, I found a spot full of this, and they are quite fresh. Some were still wet. Kinda surprising.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v456/rockrolling/Squamish%202009-04-03/S7300173.jpg