PDA

View Full Version : MOE to change Regions for the 10/11 season.....WTF???

sfire436
04-01-2009, 10:51 AM
Been fortunate enough to know some members of the MOE quite well over the years, one of which is a very close friend of the families. Over a few beers last week (great little palce in Vic, can't remember though) he told me that the wheels are in motion and we can bet on having a new Region in B.C. he did not give me the specifics but he told me the Coastal Mu's in Regions 5 and 6 will now be given a new designation because of all the stuff going on with the Great bear rainforest. He is afraid that most of the control over the region will be looked after the native bands that reside in the Mu's. Does not look good.

We are losing the fight brothers and sisters.

GoatGuy
04-01-2009, 10:55 AM

That started 28 years ago............................... time for everybody to take a big dose of coffee so we can all wake up and start shaking the sh8t out of this entire system.

sfire436
04-01-2009, 10:57 AM
It's brutal! What a downer right at the beginning of the new season eh?

Charlie
04-01-2009, 11:00 AM
Perhaps they will call it FNMU-xx just to rub it in our faces.

This whole thing is FUBAR.

islandboy
04-01-2009, 11:02 AM
...start shaking the sh8t out of this entire system.

The shaking has started. (http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=32869)

BCrams
04-01-2009, 11:03 AM
That started 28 years ago............................... time for everybody to take a big dose of coffee so we can all wake up and start shaking the sh8t out of this entire system.

Need to educate the hunters and get em all fired up. The majority are clueless as to whats going on these days.

GoatGuy
04-01-2009, 11:10 AM
It's brutal! What a downer right at the beginning of the new season eh?

This pales in comparison to what's going on with all the rest of the bs across the Province.

Resident hunters have been getting the short end of the stick since the early 80s.

bridger
04-01-2009, 11:11 AM
this i am sure will be a topic of discussion at the bcwf convention later this month in Fernie. Need as many guys to go as can get there!

sfire436
04-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Perhaps we can expect the native bands to be running the outfitting buisness there now.

bc sportsman
04-01-2009, 11:17 AM
sfire436....I heard the same from Jack when I went to see him on Monday.

4 point
04-01-2009, 11:19 AM
One day down the road if we're (hunters & fisher folks) not careful they'll be no opening dates period for anything. Then it will really be WTF. It's the same old story the squeaky wheel gets the grease. We have to stand up and speak out or we'll get rolled over before we know it. Any provincial government will do it to us not just one or the other.

island grown
04-01-2009, 11:20 AM
Need to educate the hunters and get em all fired up. The majority are clueless as to whats going on these days.

good thing we have sites like this to keep us all informed. just hope when people read threads like this they go and research the info for themselves.

BCrams
04-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Actually island.......

I think a hell of a lot more needs to be transparent to succeed having things benefit resident hunters. I'm not one to talk though as I really don't know whats going on myself these days.

GoatGuy
04-01-2009, 11:42 AM

Who knows, maybe hunters want the rut closed or LEH on mule deer during the rut?????????

It would be great - go mule deer hunting once every 3 years just like the Alberta System.:lol:

GoatGuy
04-01-2009, 11:44 AM
One day down the road if we're (hunters & fisher folks) not careful they'll be no opening dates period for anything. Then it will really be WTF. It's the same old story the squeaky wheel gets the grease. We have to stand up and speak out or we'll get rolled over before we know it. Any provincial government will do it to us not just one or the other.

We're already there. Why do you think moose is LEH across almost all of the Province?

Before Bud says I'm talking in Haiku I'll try to be a little more clear.

There are less than 50% of the resident hunters there were in the mid-early 80s (when moose started going LEH).

The moose harvest is only down 15% since that time and it's considered sustainable and there are areas where we could be harvesting more moose.

Half the hunters, 15% fewer moose being shot and LEH across the entire Province.

BCrams
04-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Who knows, maybe hunters want the rut closed or LEH on mule deer during the rut?????????

It would be great - go mule deer hunting once every 3 years just like the Alberta System.:lol:

Like I mentioned. That aspect is news to me. One side of the story ......

Other than knowing Heitsman wanting such seasons so he can ride his horse and shoot a booner in the grasslands (he needs a reality check and so does everyone else with that mind set).

Jelvis
04-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Probably an attempt for some to save the rain forest, the home of the Kermodi ( Spirit Bear ) it has gained world attention over the last three decades, friend a mine.
Somewhere in the fine print ( the devil's in the detail ) Pilgrims.
There could be a reason for some sort of trade off over this loss of area for gos. Think so or not?
Jel-scare: it used to be different then today, years ago too. Young people.
Life's not fair we had to get over it, that's what they told us decades ago.

Stone Sheep Steve
04-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Wonder which FN territory is next in line for Gov't to Gov't negotiations??? 2010 is coming soon.

BTW-They can't use the name "Region 11"...it's already taken:p.

SSS

Slee
04-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Anouther good reason for guys to join up with the BCWF. Its only $28 a year...........

GoatGuy
04-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Been fortunate enough to know some members of the MOE quite well over the years, one of which is a very close friend of the families. Over a few beers last week (great little palce in Vic, can't remember though) he told me that the wheels are in motion and we can bet on having a new Region in B.C. he did not give me the specifics but he told me the Coastal Mu's in Regions 5 and 6 will now be given a new designation because of all the stuff going on with the Great bear rainforest. He is afraid that most of the control over the region will be looked after the native bands that reside in the Mu's. Does not look good.

Nothing to do with today being the 1st of April?

sfire436
04-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Ahhhhhh shucks I was hoping for this to on till dinner time but you are too smart Goat guy! I have to be honest when I saw that you posted I was afraid you would of called me out right away.

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

GoatGuy
04-01-2009, 02:37 PM
Ahhhhhh shucks I was hoping for this to on till dinner time but you are too smart Goat guy! I have to be honest when I saw that you posted I was afraid you would of called me out right away.

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahaha, the stuff I posted wasn't about April Fools but hey.:lol: