PDA

View Full Version : Fresh PG tine

Ride
03-31-2009, 08:48 PM
Well after reading Marks's posts about picking tines i just couldn't resist going for an impromptu quick stroll on saturday. I popped into an area where i have been watching deer all winter and got onto the steep hillside, which at the time had no real snow. after about a half an hour of strolling i almost stepped on this little three point antler. Always good to find the first of the year. Now if the damn snow would just go away.....

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s72/38boggers/09freshie.jpg

hunterofthedeer
03-31-2009, 08:56 PM
hey, we were riding our snowmobiles earlier this year and we found a small moose antler but some dog chewed part of it up :( nice find :)

jrjonesy
03-31-2009, 09:13 PM
Good find. I too was influenced by Mark and spent several hours out with my son.....no such luck though.

PGK
03-31-2009, 09:16 PM
Nice. I've been looking suspiciously at my hillsides too. Time for a walk now that the snow is down a bit methinks.

Schmaus
04-01-2009, 04:13 AM
Nobody has hit the hill goin up the Hart yet? There has to be something on that hill. The deer have been there every day for months

hunter1947
04-01-2009, 04:45 AM
Ride now your hooked LOL ,nice pick up.

ianwuzhere
04-01-2009, 07:15 AM
should search the area again and maybe youll find the other side...

Ride
04-01-2009, 07:49 AM
Oh i will be going back.......and i have been thinking of hitting the hill to the hart as well......

Hoytster
04-01-2009, 07:54 AM
heheheheeh....yeah those mulies on the Hart Hill always get me going....then when the bears are there, I feel even better......

mark
04-01-2009, 12:16 PM
Glad I could be some inspiration! Its about time someone else post some tine pics!

PGK
04-01-2009, 01:37 PM
If anyone finds anything up the Hart side of the hill, post it. I want to see if you guys find my match :biggrin:

killman
04-01-2009, 01:39 PM
If anyone finds anything up the Hart side of the hill, post it. I want to see if you guys find my match :biggrin:

How much you got $$$$$:biggrin:

jml11
04-01-2009, 01:45 PM
Anyone ever try the douglas-fir slopes on the east side of the Highway across from the BCR site? Lots of mulies and a few whities in there all winter. Seeing lots deer in the newly cleared area along Zagos Creek as you head up the hill out of town.

Ride
04-01-2009, 02:37 PM
I have walked there in the past, but not yet this year. Found an old muley drop last year and a small moose drop as well. The year before that i found a match set of whitey sheds in that area. I am hoping to get in there as well soon.

jml11
04-01-2009, 02:44 PM
I have walked there in the past, but not yet this year. Found an old muley drop last year and a small moose drop as well. The year before that i found a match set of whitey sheds in that area. I am hoping to get in there as well soon.

I have personally never seen any bucks around there so I don't know if there are many sheds to find?? The deer I have seen of late are does with fawns but I'm sure the odd buck is around. A friend of mine who lives south of town and drives that route daily has only ever seen one buck along that stretch, several years ago, but something has to be breeding those does so there must be some boys hanging around!

Gus
04-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Anyone ever try the douglas-fir slopes on the east side of the Highway across from the BCR site? Lots of mulies and a few whities in there all winter. Seeing lots deer in the newly cleared area along Zagos Creek as you head up the hill out of town.

I've walked it a few times with never any luck. Seen a few rubs and lots of does, never found any bone on the ground though.

Brett
04-01-2009, 03:50 PM
Behind the CNR site (that pisses of the ex BCR guys:lol:) so between the river and where CN is now there is a long line of aspen which has lots of deer in it as well as some big racks.
What about foothills, up on the "plateau" in the middle??

Ride
04-01-2009, 04:07 PM
I have also poked around places in the BCR site in the past where there were always deer but am still waiting to find any sheds in those areas. All the spots i hear of big bucks being in the fall never seem to have them overwinter there, or else someone is able to watch em drop and grab em up quick.

moosinaround
04-01-2009, 06:40 PM
There is a strip of timber between the pg sort yard and the old NCP site. It should have sheds as the deer winter there all the time. Seen a jaw dropper 5x5 in the NCP logyard last winter! Moosin