PDA

View Full Version : Backpacking in bc

soloist
03-30-2009, 12:25 PM
fairly new to bc, looking to go on a backpacking trip, maybe guided maybe not, if anyone here would like to go on such a venture or point me in the direction of some people that would, or know someone who guides trips of this sort please let me know. thank you

03-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Google,
CLUB TREAD.

Lots of back packers there along with copious amounts of granola.
CT

Gateholio
03-30-2009, 12:43 PM
A Backpack hunting trip or you jsut want to go back packing?

Gateholio
03-30-2009, 12:50 PM
A Backpack hunting trip or you jsut want to go back packing?

muleychaser
03-30-2009, 12:52 PM
Whereabouts in BC did you move to?

MattW
03-30-2009, 01:00 PM
Google,
CLUB TREAD.

Lots of back packers there along with copious amounts of granola.
CT

Yeah but those are the kind of backpackers that do their business in a plastic baggy (maybe paper because the plastic is too hard on the environment) and pack it out. You don't want that in the same pack as your animal.

MichelD
03-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Club Tread has a broad variety of folks on board and I've got good advice from people on hunting spots there.

mud-dog27
03-30-2009, 01:27 PM
yea www.clubtread.com (http://www.clubtread.com) is pretty good as far as maps and such go...a bit to much granola eaters but you gotta expect that from a backpacking site

first where abouts are ya located cause lowermainland has loads of stuff with in a short distance of the lower mainland everything from day hikes to week long hikes....eaton lake,mount cheam just to name 2 that ive done that were amazing day hikes but either you could deffinatly stay the night

another site to check is www.trailpeak.com (http://www.trailpeak.com)

ElectricDyck
03-30-2009, 02:41 PM
I was doing some research on trails reading club tread and stumbled upon a few hbc member names, so it can't be all bad.

soloist
03-30-2009, 03:08 PM
I live in Abbotsford, I'm not interested in hiking barefoot and singing songs about lesbian seaguls, I just like getting into the bush, and yes it is in part to scout for places to hunt. I used to do this kind of thing in ontario but i'm a little more cautious here given the nature of the terrain.

ElkMasterC
03-30-2009, 03:11 PM
I live in Abbotsford, I'm not interested in hiking barefoot and singing songs about lesbian seaguls, I just like getting into the bush, and yes it is in part to scout for places to hunt.

LMAO. Very good.

I belong to Club Tread, and there's nothing wrong with it, and there's lots of folks with lots of good advice. There's some hunters on there, and some Bunny-Huggers (tm), but there is lots of info about access, water, and safety etc etc.
And it's free, so what do you want for nothing?

Peace and Patchouli Oil for all,
EMC

Big Lew
03-30-2009, 04:30 PM
British Columbia has tremendous hiking areas throughout the province for everyone from novices to experts. Lots of great books in any of the secondhand stores about hiking in southern B.C. Make sure you go prepared, tell someone where you are going, and when you expect to return. April and May are the "tick" months, especially in the southern semi-arid areas north and north-east of the fraser valley, so either wait until later, or take the extra precautions. Hope you enjoy hiking anywhere near as much as I have!

hunter1947
03-30-2009, 04:42 PM
What kind of back pack trip are you thinking of ???.
What region are you thinking on doing this back pack trip ???