PDA

View Full Version : Relaxation on the water - Sturgeon Fishing

newhunterette
03-30-2009, 09:21 AM
On Sunday, after a completely crazy weekend, Leaseman so graciously took Peter and I out fishing as we are still waiting for our boat to be finished with its repairs, Thomas (hint hint :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:).

We had a fantastic, fun filled day, the weather couldn't have been more perfect.

We didn't bring in an abundance of fish but the rods were on a constant jiggle of nibbles. We had 2 successful hooks for 2 fish (I brought to the boat) but a group effort the same. Did I mention 2 fish I brought to the boat hehehehehehe me the girl on the boat

the day was so relaxing, I actually took a nap and the guys decided it would be hilarious to video tape me while I slept (not gonna show that video) but I am glad I provided so much humour for their funny bones

It was incredible to see Leaseman's son running the boat, he drives that thing like he was born on it and he was the perfect partner always watching my line to be sure I had fresh bait on it and that my ice tea was always full, Ya did well Mike, he is a great kid.

It was also a treat to see Peter actually getting to relax and fish without having to do the guiding, preparing the bait, jumping all over the boat so I thank you for giving him such a special day out on the water.

so here is a small video of the little sturgeon I brought to the boat - hope you enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aABIYFJdvYA

mark
03-30-2009, 11:15 AM
You kissed a sturgen??? :confused:

NEEHAMA
03-30-2009, 12:42 PM
got to love the fraser!

newhunterette
03-30-2009, 02:16 PM

I was told that is what your supposed to do before sending them back into the water:oops:

bsa30-06
03-30-2009, 06:58 PM
I was told that is what your supposed to do before sending them back into the water:oops:

Kising a sturgoen.......what did u run out of bait to eat.......no wait a minute that was your daughter.:-D

rocksteady
03-30-2009, 07:14 PM
Great video Ali.....You sure they was trying to hold onto you from going over????Looked almost like it was a push instead....:biggrin::biggrin:

Glad to hear you got out on the water and got a line wet...Beats the helll out of sitting at home, typing on the one-eyed cyclops...

Keep us updated about your next journey...

huntcoop
03-30-2009, 07:20 PM

I was told that I had to finger my 1st deer :shock: but I never did. Bet ya get warts :eek: .

ultramagbob
03-31-2009, 07:39 AM

Poor sturgeon.Im sure its off to the "Clinic"

BiG Boar
03-31-2009, 08:06 AM
Cool fish, that is something I have always wanted to do! Good work!

srupp
03-31-2009, 10:08 AM
Great video..Ali..Peter... Nick..Mike...

awww the memories..

steven

Camp Cook
03-31-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm just dieing to get my boat out and go after sturgeon but I usually don't start going out for about a month.

Need to get my gear all retied so I'm ready... :D

mountainman
04-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Dam how did you get Mike to agree to be on film?? Looks like a beautiful day!

abbyfireguy
04-05-2009, 03:58 PM
What's wrong with the boat Ali??? Hope you guys didn't break anything major...

plumbob
04-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Great video you sure miss that when you don't live in that area anymore.Congrats Alli

newhunterette
04-05-2009, 09:21 PM
Dam how did you get Mike to agree to be on film?? Looks like a beautiful day!
hehehehehe has her ways with the camera lol can sneak up on Mike so fast he hasn't a clue :) - it was a great day and looking forward to many more now that I think spring has finally showed itself

What's wrong with the boat Ali??? Hope you guys didn't break anything major...

oh gracious me the boat went in for a small leak to be fixed to having a major overhaul but then 'BOAT' DOES MEAN "BRING ON ANOTHER THOUSAND" - good news is boat is fixed and ready to come home

Great video you sure miss that when you don't live in that area anymore.Congrats Alli

after going to Harrison to spend a relaxing weekend at the Hot springs and seeing the few boats on the water sure makes me glad our boat is coming home this week :) - thanks plumbob :)

srupp
04-06-2009, 06:28 PM
pretty lucky lady to live down where its a hop skip and a jump to the sturgeon fishing...sigh..:D

get out and catch some giant dinos..

cheers

Steven

Johnnybear
04-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Thanks for the video. I haven't come over there and tried that yet. A lot of my buddies have and said it was a blast. Keep up the good work!:D

Oh yeah I have seen lots of folks kiss fish:lol:. I don't know what the attraction is and I have never done it:?.

doubled
04-09-2009, 12:51 PM
Well done Ali. I always thought Mike never got fish in his boat. hahaha Just kidding Mike.

Leaseman
04-13-2009, 08:14 AM
Well done Ali. I always thought Mike never got fish in his boat. hahaha Just kidding Mike.

OUCH!!!!!........:roll:

Derek, that trip with you and your buddies was THE worst day on the water for us...... we had what, four boats total, 10+ rods and no fish..... guess I deserve that "badge".....:-D

Next time you are down, you should hook up with UMB and Dirty, they know how to fish!!!