PDA

View Full Version : Cariboo LEH Anomalies

spock
03-29-2009, 02:01 PM
I was looking at the LEH synopsis from last year and noticed a few things I thought were kind different from what you would expect the odds for certain draws to be. In several units in region 5 the odds of drawing a moose tag for what would be the peak of the rut Oct 1-15 were quite a bit better say 3 - 5:1 compared to 10:1 for the draw in last half of October. Anyone have any insight into why this would be, migration patterns in certain areas, later rut in some areas, or a reaction to a high odds in certain units for the rut draw the year before. Any insights into this.

elkdom
03-29-2009, 02:25 PM
Illogical request for information " spock ":neutral:

Game management officials were smoking " Di lithium Crystals ":???: there is no explanation for discrepancy between early and late hunts:roll:

Many things remain unexplained :shock:, even after many have boldly gone before!:(

Try the VULCAN mind melt!:eek:

NaStY
03-29-2009, 03:05 PM
Illogical request for information " spock ":neutral:

Game management officials were smoking " Di lithium Crystals ":???: there is no explanation for discrepancy between early and late hunts:roll:

Many things remain unexplained :shock:, even after many have boldly gone before!:(

Try the VULCAN mind melt!:eek:

ah man that was the funniest........

quadrakid
03-29-2009, 05:33 PM
the odds shown in the synopsis are a representation of how many people put in for a certain amount of tags available.eg. 10:1can be ten guys putting in for 1 tag or100 guys putting in for 10 tags.as per your question,was the same amount of tags available in the two time periods you are looking at?you would think more folks would want to hunt the first two weeks but maybe they were playing the odds,perhaps the year BEFORE the odds were better in the later hunt.i don,t know if this really helps with your question but i do hope it reminds people that the odds they see in the synopsis are LAST years odds,not this years.

Deadshot
03-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Elkdom,
That is some funny shit. Nicely done!

PGK
03-29-2009, 10:52 PM
I was looking at the LEH synopsis from last year and noticed a few things I thought were kind different from what you would expect the odds for certain draws to be. In several units in region 5 the odds of drawing a moose tag for what would be the peak of the rut Oct 1-15 were quite a bit better say 3 - 5:1 compared to 10:1 for the draw in last half of October. Anyone have any insight into why this would be, migration patterns in certain areas, later rut in some areas, or a reaction to a high odds in certain units for the rut draw the year before. Any insights into this.

Probably a function of a lot of guys from the LM or out of region putting in for late LEH draws so they can double team the end of the moose rut and the start of the deer rut. That's my guess

hunter1947
03-30-2009, 06:18 AM
I agree with PGK lots go late in 5 for the deer rut as for it is colder as well..