PDA

View Full Version : Hunting Magazines?

Grizzly Squirrel
03-28-2009, 01:11 AM
I'm new to the sport and I'm looking for a good hunting/outdoors magazine with western Canada related content. I couldn't care less about hunting Lions and Elephants in Africa. :wink:

Any suggestions?

Krico
03-28-2009, 09:15 AM
For exclusive Western Canadian content you're pretty limited-Western Sportsman (several issues a year) and BC Outdoors Hunthing and shooting (I think twice a year) come to mind, there may others but I am unaware. Eastman's Hunting Journal is one of the better US rags which focuses on the West.

lilhoss
03-28-2009, 09:21 AM
If you join a local rod and gun club,most memberships come with an annual membership to the BC Wildlife Federation,at least ours here in Ladysmith does.With that membership we recieve the "Outdoor Edge" magazine subscription for the year.Good info on what is going on in the hunting/fishing world,and what some of the local clubs are up to.Oh yea,and I also subscribe to "Big Buck" magazine.My wife won't let me look at the playboy,so I have to have something to drool over.:-P

steelheadSABO
03-28-2009, 09:38 AM
outdoor edge is really good it is mostly stuff from bc and saskatchewan and it free with a rod and gun club membership

scallywag
03-28-2009, 01:49 PM
when does the outdoor edge show up in the mail??

lilhoss
03-28-2009, 02:17 PM
Outdoor Edge I believe is a "quarterly" issue.4 copies a year,..spring,summer,fall,winter.I think the next one is due anytime.Google "Outdoor Edge" and it gives you the link to that mag,"Western sportsman",and a few other good ones.Sorry,don't know how to posts links on here just yet.

yukon john
03-28-2009, 02:21 PM
GOABC is a great read and focuses on bc yukon and nwt

JeremyCarrano302
03-28-2009, 04:14 PM
bc outdoors hunting and shooting is pretty good

bridger
03-28-2009, 04:36 PM
there is a new magazine on the market called Real Hunting it is publishied in montana and features do it yourself hunting stories and is quite refreshing real hunting stories by average guys no guided hunts, no canned safaris just some good reading.

300H&H
03-28-2009, 08:12 PM
Hunting Illistrated. Its put out by Kings. The same makers of Kings Camo.
Western North America only. Its my favorite. And they had a special on...1 year for $10 , @ years for $20 and so on.

barry1974w
03-29-2009, 09:50 AM
Western Sportsman is pretty good, but if you get western sportsman don't bother with B.C. Outdoors, pretty much a bunch a Western Sportsman articles in a different cover. The outdoor edge that comes with your B.C. wildlife membership is also pretty good, but still some repeats from Western Sportsman and B.C. Outdoors. Eastmans hunting journal is a good magazine with pretty much all western United States content, but still quite a bit a relevant info. Big Buck magazine is another good one.