PDA

View Full Version : Frog River

shortroot
03-26-2009, 09:49 AM
Just curious as to whether or not anyone has ever jet boated up the Frog? If you have, how long of a trip is it from the Liard to the confluence of the Frog and Kechika, if you don't mind me asking?

tuchodi
03-26-2009, 11:40 AM
I have been up there a few times in the 70's, 80's & 90's. It was about 150 miles from the highway to where we went hunting. The Kechika is a big river but the Frog gets very skinny in the fall.

open-sights
03-26-2009, 07:24 PM
I think North pacific Seaplanes flies into upper frog. I could be wrong, but someone I talked to recently flies out of Muncho and into the upper frog.

7 mag
03-26-2009, 08:44 PM
That would be Urs, with Northern Rockies. They have cabins up the Frog.

BlacktailStalker
03-26-2009, 09:23 PM
Off topic, nice mount 7 mag.
Resume :)

daycort
03-26-2009, 09:27 PM
6 to 7 hrs. very f*ckin skinny after september (unless you get alot of fall rain), rubbins racing though. I hope you have scratches on your boat, cause if ya go up there your gonna.

Riverratz
03-29-2009, 11:42 AM
Boat launch (Skook's Landing on Liard), up Kechika to confluence of Frog is 210 km. logged by GPS in '08. Kechika is primarily wide, but with some interesting fingered sections that will have you guessing sometimes, especially further up. Figure on 6 hours of actual running time, without stops for fuel/rest or breakdown. Frog is skinny......rocky and winding. Smaller boat with shallow V will do it, but not without some bumps and grinds along the way. Having enough fuel is the primary concern, you can haul enough to get there and back, but having enough to explore/play when you're up there is another matter.

jjensen20
03-29-2009, 12:22 PM
TONS of sheep through there. Go there for for sure

BCRiverBoater
03-29-2009, 12:43 PM
TONS of sheep through there. Go there for for sure
Sounds like someone wants you there and not somewhere else. :D Typical answer for someone who does not hunt that area so they send everyone there no matter what the conditions.

shortroot
03-29-2009, 05:38 PM
Thanks for the info guys. Not looking for anything in particular, was more curious if it is being or could be jetted.

BTW, I was told the same thing, 40"ers up every drainage:o That is the exact reason I would look into the area:roll: Some of these sheep hunters need to settle down a bit, a nervous bunch they are:wink: