PDA

View Full Version : hey Thunderstix

ape
11-12-2005, 10:35 PM
Hey Mike my wife wanted me to let you know that she bloodied the Marlin today and just loves it. She had a doe draw for 5-02 so we were gone at 4:45am today. Got to the top of the mountain via logging road and found it was like a dam circus up there. So off to the bottom of the mountain and start to hike up into some areas I hunted a lot. It is one hell of a hike and she wasn't real keen about it but she toughed it out and made me proud. We got 3/4 to the top and we see movement off to the left and doe. She waited for a good shot and BAM just like Larry the cable guy says she gotter done. One shot at about 20yrds look up and there is a spike buck with her so I tell her if she wants him as well to let fly but being the pro hunter she is she says NAH he's to small we'll get a bigger one later. So down we go to the bottom of the mountain gut out the doe get her in the truck to cool and I'll be damned she says lets go again. Now the hike up is tough once but for her to want to go again just brought a smile to my face. So we spend the afternoon up the mountain again looking for a bigger one but to no avail. Anyway after all this play by play she says to me you better email the guy in Rupert that this gun used to belong to and tell him thanks. Thanks Mike.

Scotthttp://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showphoto.php?photo=1418&limit=recent

lip_ripper00
11-12-2005, 11:01 PM
cool :cool:

Thunderstix
11-13-2005, 10:03 AM
Right on man! Tell her congrats from me, and make sure she puts another notch on the stock next to my moose notches.....I'm serious...gotta keep track of how many that gun kills! Man, I wish I could get my wife out and actually get her to get something...makes all the difference! I hope you got some pics for us here at HBC!

ape
11-13-2005, 01:58 PM
I got a couple in the back of the truck when we got home because of course I forgot the camera not her.LOL. Will post soon.

ape
11-13-2005, 05:06 PM
http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/data/500/IM000454.JPG

hope this link works to the photo

Thunderstix
11-13-2005, 05:25 PM
Great pics Scott! But dude, why are you not eating those bucks in the pics?!

Freshtracks
11-13-2005, 05:31 PM
Congrats to the missus on her doe. It'll be good eating. I was wondering why that buck still walks also.:-?

ape
11-13-2005, 05:40 PM
The buck was her call. She wanted to try for a bigger one. Probably because the meat buck I got this year was about the same size and of course that just aint good enough LOL.

Thunderstix
11-13-2005, 06:23 PM
man that thing would be HUUUUUUGE around here, but I guess that's cause they are all Blacktails!:-)

bsa30-06
11-13-2005, 06:28 PM
you were shooting with the wrong thing next time shoot with the gun then the camera. Lot easier to take the picture when there not running away.Congrats to your wife, i wish i could get mine to go.

ape
11-13-2005, 07:24 PM
Them pictures of the bucks aren't mine guys. If I saw a buck like that you'd be seen my mug in the picture as well.