PDA

View Full Version : Moved to Squamish!

MichaelB
03-25-2009, 02:09 PM
Hey guys,
I just moved back to British Columbia and live in Squamish now. Any advice on where to hunt in this area would be well appreciated. I'm not looking for any secret spots but just general areas to start scouting once the snow melts.
Also where can you go to sight in rifles in the area? Seems like everywhere I go I bump into hikers.
I'm hoping to have my hunting season start more effectively than my steelhead season has been..... (11 days...0 steelhead, grrrr!)

Thanks a lot.

Michael

rollingrock
03-25-2009, 02:17 PM
pm on your way.

Gateholio
03-25-2009, 02:36 PM
If you are a Squamish resident, you should be able to join the local range there to sight in your rifle.

Bow Walker
03-25-2009, 05:13 PM
Squamish? You're halfway there!

MichaelB
03-26-2009, 01:49 PM
Just keeping the thread alive.....
Any more advice?

Ruger4
03-26-2009, 02:45 PM
Spring bears should be good in your back yard , if not I'll give you my cousins address , resident black bears abundant !! Head up passed gates house , up the hurly , lots of good deer up that way...

humble hunter
03-26-2009, 03:32 PM
I heard that the best hunting is actually right behind gatehouse's house. Check out the thread "monster bodied blacktails" from last week. I heard that the last pictures proguide posted of a whole bunch of racks on the roof were all shot right behind gatehouse's house.;) Seriously though, you should be able to shoot a black bear anywhere up the squamish valley after the pavement ends. It will be a bit before the snow goes though. As Gatehouse said,you can join the Squamish Rod and Gun Club now for $60 for the year. I think renewal time is April 1st. As far as the steelheading goes they will just be starting to come in now. The cheakamus is your best bet. Although, this is year 4 after the chemical spill. I think last year the squamish only had 19 fish return to shovelnose creek. Lots of dollies around though. Here is a picture of one of the dollies I got in the cheakamus a bit ago.http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc96/traviskubin/fishingpics010.jpg

Gilmore
03-26-2009, 08:06 PM
"Moved to Squamish"

Hey nobodys perfect.:lol::lol:

MichaelB
03-26-2009, 09:19 PM
I know it's been a little early for steelhead but as soon as I hear of a fish being caught I have to try. Been fishing mostly the cheakamus but I keep hearing of too many char being caught up the upper squamish to not go this weekend.......
Back to hunting! Thanks for everyones replies, keep 'em coming.

Wild Images
03-27-2009, 06:51 AM
If you go to Pemberton and see a big guy with a pink tutu on under his camo FOLLOW HIM :biggrin:

MichaelB
03-27-2009, 09:57 AM
Pink tutu?!? haha
I've seen the movie Deliverance so I know enough to avoid strange men in the woods.:mrgreen: