PDA

View Full Version : sheep hunters?

jasper
03-25-2009, 09:50 AM
how many of you stone sheep hunters also hunt for big horn sheep?

crazysheephunter
03-25-2009, 09:58 AM
Well i religously hunt for bighorn sheep and love it.Have never hunted for Stones yet, but thats all gona change this year, have a hunt planned for the first 2 weeks of August.I cant wait!

bridger
03-25-2009, 10:23 AM
going on my first bighorn hunt this year hauling my horses to the kootenay's.

gerrygoat
03-25-2009, 11:41 AM
So far I have only gone for Stones but I covet a big California ram though :)

srupp
03-25-2009, 12:19 PM
hunted many calie's and been in on several wonderful sheep...and a couple of cranker rockies ..

Hmmm as for stones....I have hunted them but not that they would have ever known it..:lol: never even seen a big enough stone ram to want to harvest,,,

this year.....

frodo
03-25-2009, 12:31 PM
Yup-I have a Dall, Stone and both Bighorns!

crazysheephunter
03-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Which part of the Kootenays will you hunting Bridger?

bridger
03-25-2009, 01:13 PM
around Sparwood. am going to the bcwf convention in Fernie and am taking an extra week to nose around. Have some friends in the area to visit as well.

daycort
03-25-2009, 08:59 PM
around Sparwood. am going to the bcwf convention in Fernie and am taking an extra week to nose around. Have some friends in the area to visit as well.

Need an extra guy not to bad with horses (wink wink) and a pretty good cook to boot!! hahaha.

I am not a b**ch!! just like to hunt. I could never go anyway, I just messing around

Edited to save face.

BCRiverBoater
03-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Need an extra guy not to bad with horses (wink wink) and a pretty good cook to boot??? hahaha.

What is with the wink wink and can cook? Sounds like a good b**ch to me. haha

Riggzers
03-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Went on my first bighorn hunt last fall enjoyed it a lot. The montians seemed easy to climb into where we were no under brush but they seemed to go on forever. I was sucsessful my first try and I killed a quality rocky in the kooteneys so I will probably go again to explore more new dirt and test the waters on trying to get a cali on the fraser maybe. I have hunted stones many years. I think I enjoy less hunting pressure in the many places I hunt up north. Nice when your the only people in the alpine. Makes for a relaxed thorough hunting experiance.

Riggzers
03-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Kind of off topic but what were the leh draw odds in the tat 6-29 last year? Would like to go dall hunting if I could ever get drawn

daycort
03-25-2009, 10:06 PM
What is with the wink wink and can cook? Sounds like a good b**ch to me. haha

who me?? what have ya heard?? Go tend your damn plant, I can smell something burning.